Honda Fury Forums: banner

6641 - 6656 of 6656 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Since my stupidity a while back, been wanting to fix 2 small dents in the tank. Was thinking to just put a vinyl wrap on after. Didn't want to put vinyl over primer so I just did a light sanding with 220 then repainted the tank black. Then got to thinking, i have the rear fender off might as well fill the 4 holes for the back rest that I'm not using. Got that done and painted then got a really dumb idea. Had some metallic blue so I did a light dusting.
View attachment 237149 View attachment 237150
Have not cleared them yet but liking the look.
Damn, looks good!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
^^Clean setup, looks real nice.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
56 Posts
I seriously upgraded my front turn signals. I swapped out the halogen bulbs for LED switchbacks from Goheen Cycles. Put the new flashers/relay to make the LEDs work. And I finished off the look by installing Kuryakyn deep dish bezels with smoked (clear) lenses. I didn’t realize how much the orange plastic sticks out until I replaced them with chrome. Kuryakyn did a great job matching the headlight and providing a clean look. The Goheen LED’s have a white halo running light, Amber turn signal (halo shuts off for the duration of flash), then the halo fades back up after turn signal cancels. They’re bright, too. Easy install and a big (I think) payoff.

I went from this^
To this^
Next I want to upgrade the rear turn signals/brake light. I’ll do something similar to the front turn signals - Kuryakyn bezels with LED bulbs, but red this time. And I would really like to install the Custom Dynamics universal triple play brake/run/turn conversion modulator unit. It seems to offer everything I’d like and has the best options. Plus I can use pretty much all the hardware thats already there. Any tips or general thoughts are always appreciated!

·
Registered
188 Posts
New headlight. Cut up the factory bracket to reuse. Was thinking of ordering another light to mount dual lights but I think I'm just gonna run one so I need to decide to run it up high like pic or lower hole, then adjust bracket accordingly to finish it off. Led's on order for the rear. That's next weeks project.
View attachment 236662
I like that headlight a lot. If you don't mind suggestions, fab up a small bracket to sandwich between the handle bar nuts and the top tree underneath. That would look killer set back between the fork tubes up high. Your wiring would be closer and not seen as much.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
What is the brake dust like? I'm just curious if they use ceramic, copper, or aluminum. I'm not an aggressive rider, but I do like the performance of sintered brakes
I haven't noticed much brake dust yet, plus I have black wheels so I might not catch it right away. I will keep you posted.

6641 - 6656 of 6656 Posts