Honda Fury Forums: banner

6661 - 6680 of 6694 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
If you do the reflash, you should probably remove the Power Commander. You can always sell it if you do, there are normally people looking to buy. I chose the reflash route over a piggy back type controller like the power commander.

·
Registered
2010 Silver Fury
98 Posts
Honda Fury Noob here. The bike I purchased already has a Power Comander. However I would love to have the Holy Grail reflash done. Is this necessary or am I able to accomplish these things with the Ghul reflash? Thanks.
What Ordinary Biker said ^^^
If you post up some pics of your bike in the New Member Introductions thread, with some details about what’s already been done to it, the more knowledgeable guys on here could make some more targeted recommendations. There seems to be some supremely knowledgeable people here willing to help. Help them help you! This thread is more for sharing what you’ve done to your bike, hence the name “What did you do to your Fury today?” Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What Ordinary Biker said ^^^
If you post up some pics of your bike in the New Member Introductions thread, with some details about what’s already been done to it, the more knowledgeable guys on here could make some more targeted recommendations. There seems to be some supremely knowledgeable people here willing to help. Help them help you! This thread is more for sharing what you’ve done to your bike, hence the name “What did you do to your Fury today?” Good luck and have fun.
Thanks hombre, I'll head on over there and post up some stuff now. 🤘🏻🤘🏻

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
Honda Fury Noob here. The bike I purchased already has a Power Comander. However I would love to have the Holy Grail reflash done. Is this necessary or am I able to accomplish these things with the Ghul reflash? Thanks.
I got the Powercommander. I enjoy fiddling with the maps, performance is pretty close, added 1000 rpms I'll never use on the top end, wasn't worth it to me to spend the $300. I'm not against the reflash at all, I do like the idea of having my fan come on at a lower temp, just didn't buy the Fury for speed so squeezing another 5% out of it wasn't worth the money. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2010 Silver Fury
98 Posts
I pulled my front forks off last night for some maintenance. I put all new oil and dust seals on and fresh fork oil. I wasn’t having problems, but I don’t think my 2010 has ever had it done. That means over 10 year old oil and seals!
I’m very glad I did, as it was pretty dirty in there. Looks like these oil seals are held tight by springs on both sides. Pretty clever idea. Here’s hoping I get another 10 years with no problems!

·
Registered
2011 Honda Fury
3 Posts
Just over 24 hours owning my Fury. Loving it so far. Today I put on my new seat and cussed like hell when I had to drill out the hex screws to remove the old mounting bracket. They stripped SO easily. Then I removed all the reflectors and logos and struggled (like we all did) with that damn mastic tape residue. Tried to remove the tail light assembly, but the old bolts to the bracket are now stripped. Gonna make a flathead groove in them tomorrow and probably cuss like hell.

·
Registered
2010 Silver Fury
98 Posts
Upgraded my brake lights and rear turn signals today.

I installed Kuryakyn deep dish bezels with red lenses, Cyron LED 1156 bulbs, and Custom Dynamics’ universal triple play unit. I think the chrome turn signal bezels look much better than the orange plastic that comes stock. And turning the signals into running lights helps with visibility. And the brake modulator looks great and also helps with visibility. I was able to install the unit under the rear fender without any modifications. And, even better, I was able to tap into the wiring after the connectors for each light. So I didn’t cut into the main wiring harness at all. This way, should something fail, or if I tire of the setup, at worst I could just replace the lights in question and the main harness is still 100% stock maintaining integrity. I hope the video link works, it’s my first video upload to YouTube. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm planing to do this same mod. I think this should have been factory but at least it is possible to do.
Does the change to the rear have any effect on the front signals? Seems this was pretty easy to accomplish.
Do you have any pointers or any suggestions?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Reactions: TKrier

·
Registered
2010 Silver Fury
98 Posts
I'm planing to do this same mod. I think this should have been factory but at least it is possible to do.
Does the change to the rear have any effect on the front signals? Seems this was pretty easy to accomplish.
Do you have any pointers or any suggestions?
Yes, it was relatively easy as far as mods go. No, there was no change to the front flashers with this unit. I recently put LED switchbacks up front. That was also easy and is a big improvement over stock. I think I posted about it earlier in this thread. Same/similar Kuryakyn bezels as in the rear. I got the switchbacks from Goheen Cycles. Only pointer I have is be sure to get the flasher/relay for LED lights. You only need one per bike-front and/or rear will work the way they should when you switch it out. Also be sure to get clear lenses for the front and red lenses for the rear if you go with a similar setup to mine. The front switchbacks have a white running light, and amber turns. The rear legally has to be red if it’s a running light, and can be either amber or red for turns. Therefore the red lenses work perfectly with just a white LED bulb. And I agree, this should be stock from the factory, but I guess they figure most people will want to mod the way they want it, and so they don’t waste the money. Hope this helps. Enjoy your ride...

One other thing I forgot, the Custom Dynamics unit comes with Posi-tap and Posi-lock connectors. They are small in themselves, but taken together they take up a lot of space. Put some thought into how they will sit after installation so the rear fender will rest all the way down like it should. Not hard, but does require a little forethought. I didn’t even zip tie the unit down because there is nowhere for it to go, and there‘s no way for water to get in there. It’s perfectly wedged into the small space left by the stock harness and plugs. Have fun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, it was relatively easy as far as mods go. No, there was no change to the front flashers with this unit. I recently put LED switchbacks up front. That was also easy and is a big improvement over stock. I think I posted about it earlier in this thread. Same/similar Kuryakyn bezels as in the rear. I got the switchbacks from Goheen Cycles. Only pointer I have is be sure to get the flasher/relay for LED lights. You only need one per bike-front and/or rear will work the way they should when you switch it out. Also be sure to get clear lenses for the front and red lenses for the rear if you go with a similar setup to mine. The front switchbacks have a white running light, and amber turns. The rear legally has to be red if it’s a running light, and can be either amber or red for turns. Therefore the red lenses work perfectly with just a white LED bulb. And I agree, this should be stock from the factory, but I guess they figure most people will want to mod the way they want it, and so they don’t waste the money. Hope this helps. Enjoy your ride...

One other thing I forgot, the Custom Dynamics unit comes with Posi-tap and Posi-lock connectors. They are small in themselves, but taken together they take up a lot of space. Put some thought into how they will sit after installation so the rear fender will rest all the way down like it should. Not hard, but does require a little forthought. I didn’t even zip tie the unit down because there is nowhere for it to go. It’s perfectly wedged into the small space left by the stock harness and plugs. Have fun.
THanks for your response. I will probably use seamless tinned butt splices and heat shrink. Use these all the time on the Ambulances.

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

·
Registered
2010 Silver Fury
98 Posts
@Unusual Suspect Looking good, I move to SC this coming March. How are the roads there and how long is riding season? Live in Chicago now.
Coming from Chicago the riding season will probably be year round for you! I only started riding this past January, which is when I got my Fury (my first bike). I thought I was crazy trying to learn to ride it out in 40* weather, but I did ok. I don’t think I would ride much colder. Thankfully the time below 40* where I am in SC is measured in days, not weeks or months. Now my problem is getting gear to ride in hot weather, not cold, and I’d bet you already have cold weather gear coming from Chicago. So you’re probably all set. As for the roads, I live in the country but work in the city, and they are far better than some other states I’ve lived in, but not as good as others. I’m originally from Georgia, and the roads there seem to be pretty good. They’re not quite as good here, but better than Florida, Louisiana, and a lot of California. Haven’t lived anywhere else, so I can’t speak to them. Chicago? I’ve never been, but bigger cities tend to have bad roads that are constantly being worked on. So you’ll probably be happy here.

·
Registered
61 Posts
@unuthanks for the detailed response, much appreciated. I got to where I can ride regularly if there isn't salt on the ground, regardless of temp...not that I'm happy about it but I need that 2 wheel therapy sometime. Looking forward to better road conditions though for sure. The roads in Chicago claimed my scaphoid in 2018 (4 surgeries) so Im excited to get on some pavement I can trust. Glad to know I'll be moving into a longer riding season 🤘🏻🤘🏻

·
Registered
2010 Silver Fury
98 Posts
@unuthanks for the detailed response, much appreciated. I got to where I can ride regularly if there isn't salt on the ground, regardless of temp...not that I'm happy about it but I need that 2 wheel therapy sometime. Looking forward to better road conditions though for sure. The roads in Chicago claimed my scaphoid in 2018 (4 surgeries) so Im excited to get on some pavement I can trust. Glad to know I'll be moving into a longer riding season 🤘🏻🤘🏻
Longer season for sure. I just realized you may have been asking about fun/interesting roads to ride. Yes, I live in the country and the best roads seem to be here. The city (Charleston) isn’t bad, but it can be nerve racking with all the terrible cagers and one way streets. There are a couple of highways that follow the coast line, but not as cool as A1A in Florida.
Here’s where I just ended up after a long ride in the country twisties. You may not be able to see it, but there’s a train passing over the bridge on the river. You can just ride right up to the dock here. Bring your fishing gear!

6661 - 6680 of 6694 Posts