Honda Fury Forums: banner

6681 - 6697 of 6697 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oh yeah I love me some A1A. Jax to Daytona is so nice. I'm moving just outside of Charleston 🤘🏻🤘🏻. Looking forward to some nice weather and nice riding. Think I might need to snag up a Jetski. Hoping to live right on Lake Marion or Lake Moultrie but we'll see. Im stoked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like that headlight a lot. If you don't mind suggestions, fab up a small bracket to sandwich between the handle bar nuts and the top tree underneath. That would look killer set back between the fork tubes up high. Your wiring would be closer and not seen as much.

Thanks, I actually ended up grabbing a couple amber bolt lights from Super Bright LEDS and installed them in the lower holes. Figured I'd be a good rider and have turn signals for a change. I did try flipping the factory bracket upside down and mounting from the top to see what such a setup would look like but didn't like it as much. The top of the neck extends too far forward at the top to get the light set back in between the forks. Sounded good to me too though, and maybe a different execution than I had in mind would work.
I'll grab a pic of the signals when I get a chance. These are what I used.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks, I actually ended up grabbing a couple amber bolt lights from Super Bright LEDS and installed them in the lower holes. Figured I'd be a good rider and have turn signals for a change. I did try flipping the factory bracket upside down and mounting from the top to see what such a setup would look like but didn't like it as much. The top of the neck extends too far forward at the top to get the light set back in between the forks. Sounded good to me too though, and maybe a different execution than I had in mind would work.
I'll grab a pic of the signals when I get a chance. These are what I used.
Good deal. Can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Reactions: RPM22

·
Registered
2010 Silver Fury
101 Posts
I
Took off my vinyl black pinstripes and added back some vinyl white racing stripes. Can't afford a real paint job, and this'll last me for a year or so until I tire of the look.
Thanks to Vic for the idea and info. I also added a racing stripe vinyl decal. My first time doing this and I don’t think mine came out quite as good as Vic’s, but I like it. I may do something like this when it comes time to paint her.

·
Registered
2010 Silver Fury
101 Posts

I officially flipped 10,000 miles since I took ownership of my Fury, my first bike, in less than 6 months. The tool set I added hasn’t seen a single action since I got the problems that came with the bike sorted out. Not a single problem. I just have to say - I FUCKING LOVE THIS MOTORCYCLE!!! Thanks to all of you here that have made this journey richer. Ride on...

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
WOW! I finally got my new pipes today after a 14 week wait (yes 4 freaking months) BUT they sound great! deep and throaty....and they look good too so I am happy with them. Thing is they were delivered after I went to work so I had my bike ready for intall of the pipes and delete plates for when I got home at 10:30pm, half hour later and the neigbors must have been cursing me in their sleep...lol (damn I'm an ars hole) anyways there is a bit of "burn" coming off the pipe wrap as to be expected however I noticed a decrease in performance...?? So hopefully it's an easy adjustment with the tuner's app tomorrow. I have a cobra Fi 2000 powerpro black so I'll try increasing the fuel adjustment for acceleration and the cruise modes. I also put on a Kuryakyn Hypercharger, before the pipes the hypercharger gave me better performance so I'm hoping to get that back with the adjustment tomorrow. Also I will be posting my new customization adventure with pics real soon (with in a week) as I promised in my other thread "a project to simplify" which by no means was simple in any way but it did simplify things I attached to my bike and will in the future if I should add anything else. Right now the only thing I'd like to add is one of those "stock" fury windsheilds. oh and I'm waiting on a custom LED light I'm going to mount in my rear fender that says "Fury" in japanese Kanji lettering that will be wired in to the circut to my air cleaner led lights..

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
WOW! I finally got my new pipes today after a 14 week wait (yes 4 freaking months) BUT they sound great! deep and throaty....and they look good too so I am happy with them. Thing is they were delivered after I went to work so I had my bike ready for intall of the pipes and delete plates for when I got home at 10:30pm, half hour later and the neigbors must have been cursing me in their sleep...lol (damn I'm an ars hole) anyways there is a bit of "burn" coming off the pipe wrap as to be expected however I noticed a decrease in performance...?? So hopefully it's an easy adjustment with the tuner's app tomorrow. I have a cobra Fi 2000 powerpro black so I'll try increasing the fuel adjustment for acceleration and the cruise modes. I also put on a Kuryakyn Hypercharger, before the pipes the hypercharger gave me better performance so I'm hoping to get that back with the adjustment tomorrow. Also I will be posting my new customization adventure with pics real soon (with in a week) as I promised in my other thread "a project to simplify" which by no means was simple in any way but it did simplify things I attached to my bike and will in the future if I should add anything else. Right now the only thing I'd like to add is one of those "stock" fury windsheilds. oh and I'm waiting on a custom LED light I'm going to mount in my rear fender that says "Fury" in japanese Kanji lettering that will be wired in to the circut to my air cleaner led lights..
Pics or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Swapped the old chromies for a new bullet housing, fork wrap turn signals... flashback from Chrome Glow I think. Installed quadlock wireless charging mount. Relocated all wiring underneath the gas tank. Installed new speedo face.

Getting rid of the stock housing and turn made a dramatic difference. 🤘🏼🤘🏼

·
Registered
80 Posts
Where did you get the rear fender extension???
I bought the bike with the body mods already done. It is from Low and Mean though.

To my knowledge it is actually an entire different fender and that extension type is just one of the options. They did the front fender as well you can see in the 3rd picture it hugs alot tighter than stock and goes lower. They also did the seat.

That specific fender will delete passenger pegs

·
Registered
2010 Silver Fury
101 Posts
Swapped the old chromies for a new bullet housing, fork wrap turn signals... flashback from Chrome Glow I think. Installed quadlock wireless charging mount. Relocated all wiring underneath the gas tank. Installed new speedo face.

Getting rid of the stock housing and turn made a dramatic difference. 🤘🏼🤘🏼 View attachment 237640 View attachment 237641 View attachment 237642 View attachment 237643 View attachment 237644 View attachment 237645 View attachment 237646 View attachment 237647
Looking good. Looking real good. I was just curious, how well does that black hold up on the handlebars and lower forks, etc. Mine is silver and chrome, so I’ve never seen the black in person. It looks really good, even on bikes a few years old. I’m assuming it stays black even with light scuffs or scratches? Just wondering. Your red beast is looking good.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looking good. Looking real good. I was just curious, how well does that black hold up on the handlebars and lower forks, etc. Mine is silver and chrome, so I’ve never seen the black in person. It looks really good, even on bikes a few years old. I’m assuming it stays black even with light scuffs or scratches? Just wondering. Your red beast is looking good.
The black bars, lower forks, and wheels on my '16 still look good even after removing all the thief's green overspray with lacquer thinner.

6681 - 6697 of 6697 Posts