Honda Fury Forums: banner

6781 - 6800 of 6802 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Rotella T-6 oil change, K&N Filter (204-1). Final drive oil change, 85-90 Hypoid Gear Oil, Valvoline. Painted covers Rustoleum Hammered Black (few days ago), wrinkled finish. Changed out Bimba cylinder to a custom cushioned cylinder (Bimba) that put the ports at 45* angle to keep them out of the way of the frame. Got er tagged for another year of riding. It's a thing of beauty I tell ya, so glad to be back in the saddle.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
234 Posts
Got another step closer to a DIY cover.

Thinking of doing a 45* bend about 3/4" back from the outer edge.
FWIW, this has been made out of a 6x12x1/16 piece of aluminum with only using a straight cut tin snip, files, drill w/step bit, small brass hammer and an old plastic cutting board for bending.
Once I get it to the point I like, will be picking up a 12x12 piece so I can include front/rear ears for a cleaner look.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Got another step closer to a DIY cover.
View attachment 239782
Thinking of doing a 45* bend about 3/4" back from the outer edge.
FWIW, this has been made out of a 6x12x1/16 piece of aluminum with only using a straight cut tin snip, files, drill w/step bit, small brass hammer and an old plastic cutting board for bending.
Once I get it to the point I like, will be picking up a 12x12 piece so I can include front/rear ears for a cleaner look.
I like! You should make me one! 😁

·
Registered
234 Posts
I like! You should make me one! 😁
That could happen, found thin diamond plate when I was picking up new tank fill hose. (The joy of owning a home)

Hey aces... send a full pic of the bike. I wanna see that color
Sure, love showing off my mistake/screw up.
Full bike from about 10ft away.

Facing into the sun about 1300hr

Facing away from sun at about the same time.

Closer shot of the tank showing the metal flake.

Nice view of the different colors.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Got to love amazon same day delivery.

Wile working on the TB cover, watched as the left front turn/driving light go out :mad:.
$35 later, will be replacing the switch back strips on the forks for ones now with sequential turns (top 2 strips) and adding in redundancy with additional turn only sequential bar mounted lights (bottom 2). Need to check the listing but I thought the rear strip was also sequential. May or may not install it but we'll see.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry for not looking for this thread before I posted my new speedo face thread. At least now I know where to put shit. In addition to the speedo face, I installed some nice tips for my Cobras. Man, what a difference. Block off plates came in too but the skeeters were fierce and I decided to let it wait til the weekend. Wrap a round LEDSs should be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I'm gonna get mine out because tonight is going to be warm enough that I can ride in to work tomorrow. Before the next round of snow/rain...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I attempted to mount my new Kuryakyn ISO Stirrup pegs today with the adapters that Kuryakyn said worked with ALL their pegs. That's a big ole negatory. So now I have a brand new set of pegs that I'm gonna have to get creative with unless I get some usable response back from customer service. Grrr...

6781 - 6800 of 6802 Posts