Honda Fury Forums: banner
6821 - 6840 of 6879 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
@Ordinary Biker
Where's the workbench!?!
@Ordinary Biker @Furious_Mike @Gizmo

Lol as you wish. I threw some shit around and put a workbench in.

Also figured I would highlight ceiling fan in place of the old overhead garage door opener, favorite garage mod so far.

Additionally some images of the Sharpie CBR600RR, my headlight/turn signal setup and bag for the Fury, and Sunday chill vibes.

Just enjoying having a proper garage to move into and use.

·
Registered
2011 Fury
350 Posts
@Ordinary Biker

@Ordinary Biker @Furious_Mike @Gizmo

Lol as you wish. I threw some shit around and put a workbench in. View attachment 240285

Also figured I would highlight ceiling fan in place of the old overhead garage door opener, favorite garage mod so far. View attachment 240286

Additionally some images of the Sharpie CBR600RR, my headlight/turn signal setup and bag for the Fury, and Sunday chill vibes. View attachment 240287
View attachment 240288
View attachment 240289
View attachment 240290

Just enjoying having a proper garage to move into and use.
Love it! Not uncommon to find me sipping a glass of Macallan and puffing a davidoff in my garage…. Keep the rubber down brother!

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Awesome setup! Hanging a fan up in my garage as well, but now I want to paint my ceiling.
Just got a couple of bottles of Scotch for my birthday yesterday (Glenlivet French Oak for me), but I gave up smoking some time ago. But I'm with you guys in spirit! Uh, no pun intended.
I've got the same floor as you, but I mixed in a small can of deck sand to make it slip-free. I'm too much of a klutz to leave it alone.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
487 Posts
Well I did the whole damn repair/modification and didn't take one picture.😠
I purchased the diodes & resistors to modify my dual-fire tach to work with the Honda single-fire dual coil ignition.
The problem was that the tach read half the RPM. I purchased them from Amazon. I had to buy more then I needed and have enough to make 4 more units and more resistors leftover.

If anyone wants one of the (4) I can make PM me and I'll give you a unit for the cost of a postage stamp.
Very easy to install. The unit is shaped like a "Y" so Just splice-in to Blue w/ Yellow & Yellow W/ Blue wires at connector for coil harness under the fuel tank then the single lead of the "Y" goes to the signal wire of the Tach.
I use non insulated butt connectors & Heat shrink at work everyday. Next best thing to soldering IMO. Here is a kit from Amazon that's super cheap. You just need Heat Shrink & crimpers. Most have the anvil for non insulated use.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So the diode/resistor setup worked? I just ordered the smallest pack of each (10 pieces) off eBay Monday for $2 each (where were you then? lol!). What kind of tach are you using? I've got the Biker's Choice on mine which is currently showing 1/2 the rpms.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
487 Posts
Cheap ebay digital tach. I bought it to see if I could make it work it was $15 bucks.

Twist the ends going to the tach together splice to signal wire.
On other end splice Yellow w/ Blue to one & Blue w/ Yellow to other.
I would Heat shrink the whole thing plus the connections for support. If the splices don't hold you'll have no spark. Also the strip on the diode goes toward the coils the resistors don't matter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm using piggy-back connectors that came with the Baron adapter at the coils so I don't have to worry about losing spark.

I just noticed the diodes in that diagram are a different part number. What's the difference between 1N4001 and 1N4007 (what I bought)?

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
487 Posts
You should be fine. I just went bigger because, "bigger is better" 😅
difference in the forward recovery behavior and reverse recovery behavior
1N4001 50V 1A
1N4007 1000V 1A

·
Registered
18 Posts
Worked a bit more on my new seat. I recently installed a 250 rear tire, widened the swingarm myself, fabbed a new subframe so I wouldn't my need external struts, fit a short bobber style fender, made a sissy bar and made my own seat pan from fiberglass. All I have left is to paint my fender when my nh389m paint shows up next week and to wrap my seat and I'll finally be back on the road again. Bike has been down since October.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Worked a bit more on my new seat. I recently installed a 250 rear tire, widened the swingarm myself, fabbed a new subframe so I wouldn't my need external struts, fit a short bobber style fender, made a sissy bar and made my own seat pan from fiberglass. All I have left is to paint my fender when my nh389m paint shows up next week and to wrap my seat and I'll finally be back on the road again. Bike has been down since October.
Reading this without pictures first thing this morning was a real kick to the ol sack 😆😆

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
487 Posts
Interesting🤔 very interesting. would like to see more pics, closeups even.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
2013 Honda Fury Vance and Hines, Cobra Power flow Air Intake, Dynojet Power commander V,
30 Posts
Added a front fender relocation kit from Vray69, mounted a Memphis Shades bullet fairing and just got my "Tigger" chin scoop back from the paint shop and hoping to mount that this weekend.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What exactly is the purpose of the front fender relocation kit? What's wrong with where it is now? My diodes and resistors are supposed to be here by today so hopefully I'll get them wired up and they fix my tachometer issue.

·
Registered
Rock Stock 2019 ABS
300 Posts
What exactly is the purpose of the front fender relocation kit? What's wrong with where it is now?
Dangerous question in the land of many mods! You could ask "what's wrong with..." about anything folks are changing, whether for appearance, function, or just for fun, in the spirit of "make it mine."

·
Registered
74 Posts
Finally got the tach reading correctly, just used the diagram with the diodes and resistors mentioned here. The needle is a tad shaky (not quite as smooth as it was running off 1 coil), but I'll take that over half a reading. Took me too damn long though. I musta fried something when I was shrinkwrapping the diodes/resistors coz it started running off 1 coil. Put in another set and she's good to go so far. I also ran the wiring wrong and it wound up sitting right on top of the rear cylinder and I didn't realize it until I had bolted the tank back on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tach is way jumpier at cruising speeds, about +/-500rpm! I was ok with a little but 500 looks kinda janky. Plus it defeats the purpose, which is to stay off the limiter. Debating whether to go back to the single coil.

6821 - 6840 of 6879 Posts