Honda Fury Forums: banner
6841 - 6860 of 6883 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
After riding a little more yesterday, looks like my current set up will work. It's jumpy cruising but levels out smooth the higher the rpms. Pretty cool to finally see that needle go all the way to 6k. 😀

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
489 Posts
I was gonna say to try putting a resistor in the signal wire to the tach after your diode & resistor pack.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
489 Posts
These are what I have now

These are what I'm trying. Full open the full close

I tried installing these levers. Just not sure about the ergonomics. What do you think? If I keep them I will get the clutch relief kit from VTX Garage.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
979 Posts
These are what I have now
View attachment 240767 View attachment 240768
These are what I'm trying. Full open the full close
View attachment 240769 View attachment 240770
View attachment 240771 View attachment 240772

I tried installing these levers. Just not sure about the ergonomics. What do you think? If I keep them I will get the clutch relief kit from VTX Garage.
I like the look. My only concern is, will the clutch plates fully separate ? It looks like they would touch the grip before the clutch is at full pull.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
489 Posts
gonna ride her to work tomorrow if weather permits.
maybe later today if weather permits

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
489 Posts
I like the idea that I can hold the bars with thumb, ring & pinky fingers and brake & shift with two fingers.
Just like Crotch Rockets.

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
489 Posts
You have to squeeze the clutch & brake levers with all your fingers . I find with me, alot with my ring finger.
Must peoples middle & forefinger are the strongest and directly opposite their thumb requiring less effort to squeeze. My hands only continue to get worse with arthritis pain. If anything would prevent me from riding again it would be the pain in my hands.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
You have to squeeze the clutch & brake levers with all your fingers . I find with me, alot with my ring finger.
Must peoples middle & forefinger are the strongest and directly opposite their thumb requiring less effort to squeeze. My hands only continue to get worse with arthritis pain. If anything would prevent me from riding again it would be the pain in my hands.
Time to fab up a suicide shifter ...

·
Registered
2011 Fury
351 Posts
Maybe you could get move the clutch to the rear brake pedal position and rear brake up to the handle bars…..🤷🏼‍♂️🤔 also, medial marijuana helps my lower back issues and you can get it so that it doesn’t make you stoned but you get the inflammation reduced and pain reduced.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
489 Posts
I wish I could use medical Marijuana but I work for local government and have a CDL with a Hazmat endorsement & a concealed carry permit. So I can't. I won't take pain killers either. Compression and warmth and some Aspercream for arthritis is about it.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
489 Posts
The ride in this morning was not bad.
Adjusted each side to what was comfortable and let it go. I will make a decision in a few weeks. Gotta get used to them.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The ride in this morning was not bad.
Adjusted each side to what was comfortable and let it go. I will make a decision in a few weeks. Gotta get used to them.
Did you say or not if you have the Glen's Clutch Pull bracket?

6841 - 6860 of 6883 Posts