Honda Fury Forums: banner
6921 - 6940 of 6962 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Wrap a Beer can around that mounting cup.
That will get more attention, at least from law enforcement! 😁
I couldn't take it anymore, knowing there is polished stainless steel under that paint. I took the speedometer relocation mount off, stripped the paint and hit it with the buffing wheel to bring it back.
Land vehicle Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

·
Registered
111 Posts
Also installed an Antigravity Restart battery. 360CCA and isn't ridiculously expensive. Also gives you a jump start (little button on top) if you accidentally leave your ignition on. Nice little feature. Thing probably doesn't weigh 5lbs. The battery posts were a little too short though and I had to mount the cable ends horizontally instead of vertically like on the old battery.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
623 Posts
I have been thinking about this exact one, Antigravity Restart battery.
I have the dreaded clock/trip reset damn near every time I fire her up.
Also looking at Batteries + bulbs X2Power Lithium Powersport. 36 month free replacement 280ca.
It's like $159.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
That is a good price. When I searched I saw $200. It's about $60 cheaper than the EarthX. I went with EarthX, and have not regretted it. Costs more, specially as I went with the bigger one.

Antigravity is standard Lithium Ion while EarthX is Lithium Iron Phosphate. LiFePO4 batteries have a bit longer lifespan, specifically at higher temps. Lithium Ion will have slightly higher power output.

It is freakin weird how light they are! Mine just came in the regular mail, little box

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Looks great! I was about to ask how they feel, but noticed no rear fender or saddle, so probably no final answer on that yet.. :)

Looks like they move forward what, about 3-4 inches and up an inch or so?

Forwards are something I've thought about for almost 10 years but never done.. I ride with my boot heels on the factory pegs to be comfortable...

·
Registered
2011 Fury
482 Posts
Thanks. I put the seat on temporarily to try them and they feel good. Yes they move pegs up 1-1/2” and forward 3”. The only thing I’m not sure about yet is the rear brake function, after mounting and bleeding the brakes they still feel kinda soft - I do need rear pads though so I’m going to order them and see if that helps.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Thanks. I put the seat on temporarily to try them and they feel good. Yes they move pegs up 1-1/2” and forward 3”. The only thing I’m not sure about yet is the rear brake function, after mounting and bleeding the brakes they still feel kinda soft - I do need rear pads though so I’m going to order them and see if that helps.
If there is no air in the line your problem lies with the master cylinder. Most if not all aftermarket forwards use a 3/4" bore master cylinder and that increases the effort required to brake. The fury uses 11/16" for the ABS bike and less than that for the non ABS bike somewhere around 5/8".

One of the reasons I went for Supreme Legends forwards was that Bill made his own master cylinders and he made an 11/16" master cylinder to fit an ABS bike. As it turned out my bike was the prototype for his ABS Fury forwards. My buddies from SoCal at the time, also had Supreme forwards with the stock 3/4" master cylinder and this was way to big for their non ABS bikes. They got Bill to supply them with 11/16" master cylinders and they found the braking improved dramatically. I got to ride one of those bikes with the 3/4" master cylinder and yeah it took way more effort to stop.

6921 - 6940 of 6962 Posts