Honda Fury Forums: banner
6981 - 6992 of 6992 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
649 Posts
That's a good idea. I'll give it a try and post some pictures.
You could even "twist" some square stock a bunch of times. I've threatened to take a try at the torque bar under the Differential.
But now I don't know if I can. I don't have access to much equipment.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
You could even "twist" some square stock a bunch of times. I've threatened to take a try at the torque bar under the Differential.
But now I don't know if I can. I don't have access to much equipment.
Indian Larry style, I like where you're going.
Indian Larry and Billy Lane are my favourite builders and they influenced me heavily with the bike I am building.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
649 Posts
Indian Larry style, I like where you're going.
Indian Larry and Billy Lane are my favourite builders and they influenced me heavily with the bike I am building.
I wish at the time I would have taken more photos of her but. This is a Billy Lane Original a friend of mine in Virginia has. While here for Bike week years ago he talked with Mr. Lane about building him a one off custom. He ended up buying an already done one off custom Billy had just finished as you see here.
Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

I will see if he still has her and if so maybe get more pictures. And yes that's a blower with a side-draft Weber carb.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
I wish at the time I would have taken more photos of her but. This is a Billy Lane Original a friend of mine in Virginia has. While here for Bike week years ago he talked with Mr. Lane about building him a one off custom. He ended up buying an already done one off custom Billy had just finished as you see here.
View attachment 241919
View attachment 241920
I will see if he still has her and if so maybe get more pictures. And yes that's a blower with a side-draft Weber carb.
Billy is a heck of a nice guy. My daughter and I met up with him at the easy riders bike show in January 2005 down in San Diego CA. We have pictures with him and he chatted to us for quite a while about Sydney, the beaches and surfing down under. That was a great show, we also got to meet up with Paul Yaffe & Chico. We met Arlen Ness many times at his shop in Dublin CA as it was about 30 Mins from where we lived in the Bay Area. We also met up with Indian Larry back in 2003 and he was such a humble guy. My daughter was talking about how she loved the artwork on Daddy O and Larry was so taken that a 9 year old girl was genuinely digging the bike that he invited us to come and take a close look. He lifted my daughter up onto the bike and I have some fantastic pictures of my eldest daughter on that bike and on the bike with Larry. Both Larry and Billy were at the top of their game but they treated everyone so well. I can never forget what Larry said to us when he heard our Aussie accents, "where are you guys from?" Sydney I said. "You've come all this way to see an old grease monkey like me!?" That was Larry.

Anyway please see if you can get some more photos of that custom. Man that blower is over the top!.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Installed a clutch pull relief from Glens VTX garage. Installation was simple enough, clutch has a easier pull now. My tired old hands are not getting any younger so I figured why not.

Mission accomplished
Metal Bumper Gas Rim Auto part

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Installed a clutch pull relief from Glens VTX garage. Installation was simple enough, clutch has a easier pull now. My tired old hands are not getting any younger so I figured why not.

Mission accomplished
View attachment 241923
This is a GREAT mod. wish I'd done mine on day 2 of owning the Fury. I do need to adjust mine a tad, as I've noticed 5th gear is a little 'notchy' to get into as of late...

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
This is a GREAT mod. wish I'd done mine on day 2 of owning the Fury. I do need to adjust mine a tad, as I've noticed 5th gear is a little 'notchy' to get into as of late...
Got to ride for an hour or so in a environment that required a moderate amount of shifting and stopping. After 50+ pulls of the clutch I agree, wish I had done it sooner. The more you pull it the more noticeable it becomes.

6981 - 6992 of 6992 Posts