Honda Fury Forums: banner
7021 - 7040 of 7048 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Hows that Jet-Hot coating look?
They told me I'd be impressed.
Still waiting. I was given an estimated return shipment of 2/28. It's been tough this week, sunny with temps in the 70's 😳

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Can't wait to see that fender. I've been kicking around the idea for a reaper.
I went with the the reaper cover. I have discovered once I get things shiny I also like them pointed 😁

Reactions: Gizmo and Furi15

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Tried to install my new, freshly painted Low & Mean rear fender. Wired run, brake, turn light without installing and everything functioned fine. Installed fender, wired light exactly the same, started bike and had no running light. Everything else worked as it should so I rewired again and again and again with no success to the running lights. Checked fuses on bike and they were all good. I am guessing something fried the dual element but I really have no idea. If any of you have any thoughts let me know. I hate wiring, screw something up every time....

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
My light went so easy I’m still waiting for it to blow up. But I followed the instructions for the wiring diagram and it worked first try.
I was happy, first try everything worked great. After installing fender and wiring again I fired bike up and began my happy dance until I danced by the rear fender and realized no running lights. Rain today so chasing down the issue will have to wait.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Just put on fork covers and some LED's for the glow. Only put 4 lights on. At least the wiring is already View attachment 241998
for the rest of the lights. Waiting on the SLK Scoop so I can throw that on.
Hey brother Bikes looking Great! Did you ever get your scoop put on? We are always looking for new photos for our website. Send me an email or go though the website SLK-Customs.com and send some photos over!!

Thanks Brother
Nate
SLK

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
2019 Fury. Blue on Blue. 8Deg Tree, 3" extension, Baron Air, Road Burner pipes, All LED Lights, Guhl
318 Posts
Well after pushing through some back/hip/leg pain today (f#?%!! drunk driver) I was able to install the 3" fork extensions thanks to @Kawika. Can't go for a run yet due to the injuries but I can see a difference in frame height.
View attachment 242343
Looks great. I have 3" with 8 Degree Tree. I have to reseal mine again. The o-ring leaks.put in new ones last time . Going to use permatex seal and lock this time. Hope you get to ride soon.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Looks great. I have 3" with 8 Degree Tree. I have to reseal mine again. The o-ring leaks.put in new ones last time . Going to use permatex seal and lock this time. Hope you get to ride soon.
Next time you pull apart, put a dab of RTV on the threads of the extensions ("the right stuff" or something similar), at the bottom few threads all around. Go sparingly. Let it cure for a couple minutes then thread on and wipe the excess.

Have been running mine for years with no leaks. Also prevents vibrations from backing them off, even though that's not possible. They're still easy to remove and do maintenance when you need to as well.

·
Registered
2019 Fury. Blue on Blue. 8Deg Tree, 3" extension, Baron Air, Road Burner pipes, All LED Lights, Guhl
318 Posts
Next time you pull apart, put a dab of RTV on the threads of the extensions ("the right stuff" or something similar), at the bottom few threads all around. Go sparingly. Let it cure for a couple minutes then thread on and wipe the excess.

Have been running mine for years with no leaks. Also prevents vibrations from backing them off, even though that's not possible. They're still easy to remove and do maintenance when you need to as well.
Ar work we use permatex. Lock and seal for hydolic oil or water. One goes up to 1,000 psi. The other goes up to 10,000. Psi. Great stuff.
Liquid Fluid Plastic bottle Material property Personal care
Liquid Fluid Plastic bottle Material property Personal care
Liquid Test tube Fluid Plastic bottle Font

·
Registered
2,713 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Well, it's not something I've done to the Fury yet, but it's an "enablement" for some up coming mods to the Fury... Finally took an old computer power supply and built myself a test bench power source. Motivation was the recent Fury Nation puddle lights since I picked up a set after locating the thread....

Haven't finished the entire thing yet as I ran out of spade terminals, so haven't gotten the 5v and a fourth ground terminal done, but I have two 12v terminals, and a 3.3v terminal to work with currently... Used a spare push button and some red oak board that I had laying around...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
@mbaskett
Its amazing how people overlook the the usefulness of a pc power supply. I modified one to work on my 3d printer. The bed a hot end get to temp faster in addition to staying consistent.
View attachment 242354
Totally agree! Not uncommon to find an 'old' PS that is capable of 400+ Watts of total power. Mine was an old Seasonic that can crank out 430W (350W of 12v) and is rock solid on voltage while doing so plus it's so quiet I can't even tell it's on unless I feel the airflow. I bet that upgrade to your 3D printer made a world of difference in print quality for you!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Finally added a daymaker to the bike. Tried the weather stripping method first and could tell it would be a complete fail if I took the bike on the road. Cannot recommend it to anyone. Just went with the stock bracket modification, a little rubber camper stripping, and plenty of epoxy. Rode for 3 hours last night and it was well worth the switch.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I got cobra air-intake,side mount plate holder and mx style pegs in the mail, also a new mustang tripper seat., I will be waiting to install. thinking of getting the fat tire kit, will most likely get the low and mean lowering spring...
would like to get air ride and the fat tire kit. also ordered a fatter front tire 3.25 looking at like 5k for the rear and front tire..
so I will be doing the lowering spring while i wait to get that sorted out..
will also be changing the bar again gonna pull off the mini apes and doing drag bars.
and then doing paint lots of metal flake

·
Registered
594 Posts
I got cobra air-intake,side mount plate holder and mx style pegs in the mail, also a new mustang tripper seat., I will be waiting to install. thinking of getting the fat tire kit, will most likely get the low and mean lowering spring...
would like to get air ride and the fat tire kit. also ordered a fatter front tire 3.25 looking at like 5k for the rear and front tire..
so I will be doing the lowering spring while i wait to get that sorted out..
will also be changing the bar again gonna pull off the mini apes and doing drag bars.
and then doing paint lots of metal flake
WHAT a project!

7021 - 7040 of 7048 Posts