Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got did 500 miles in my fury from Chicago to Indiana and back my fury is filthy it rained on the way back so it got super dirty i was wondering whats a good product(s) to use to clean it?

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
I agree, but if really dirty I use Maguires car wash and lots of water , then blow dry and use Honda spray after

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I got did 500 miles in my fury from Chicago to Indiana and back my fury is filthy it rained on the way back so it got super dirty i was wondering whats a good product(s) to use to clean it?
Mothers car wash soap, and for light cleaning Mothers Showtime and a microfiber towel.. works great for the beach salt water slime..

if you couldn't tell I like Mothers products.. Had a bad experience with Meguires product before and never went back..

·
Registered
889 Posts
i wax my bikes often so dirt doesn't really stick too strongly. if they're really dirty, i'll get out the dish soap and water but if they're just a little dusty i use windex and a soft towel. super fast to do and leaves that streak free shine. you can even use it on chrome as long as it's not too hot.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Mr Clean car wash system, blow dry with leaf blower finish off with Honda spray wax, leather cleaner on the seat and tool bag (no it doesn't make the seat slippery) occasionally turtle wax bug remover

·
Registered
835 Posts
Mine has never had water touch it either. Funny, my husband uses an array of stuff to keep his "Poor Man's Chopper" Yamaha Raider clean. I have called her his mistress since 2008. When I got my Fury, he asked me if I wanted him to show me how to care for her? I laughed and told him that I wouldn't deny him all that pleasure he gets from stroking my bike along with his! So far, it is working. I can't even tell you how many coats of wax is on her now!

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I use a garden hose for the water and a small amount of soap. Here is a step by step detail of how I wash my bike.

#1 Park bike in a shady area with preferably on direct sun light.
#2 Mix one cap full of car soap/wash into a bucket of warm water.
#3 Using a standard garden hose that is properly afixed to a working hose bib, lightly wet the bike down.
#4 Use a soft cloth and dip it into bucket of warm soapy water. See #2 for more details.
#5 Start in a small area of the highest part of the bike. Usally the mirrors and handle bars. Wash thourghly.
#6 Quickly rinse the area just completed in step #5.
#7 Wash small portions of the bike at a time and rinse. This eliminates the chances of water/soap drying on said bike.
#8 When bike is completly washed and rinsed, go over the bike one last time to completly rinse off any soap that may have been missed.
#9 I usaully towl dry first then follow up with a Chamois.
#10 Ride bike so that the remaining water blows off then repeat #9.

I am gonna try the leaf blower next time. Well folks, I hope this really helps everyone that has been stuggling with the proper way to give your bike a bath. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
S100 spray and wash. Costly, but it works as advertised. I don't do any wiping motions while washing or drying to avoid any swirls or tiny scratches. Blot or air dry only. S100 allows air drying without (or very few) spots.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts