Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got did 500 miles in my fury from Chicago to Indiana and back my fury is filthy it rained on the way back so it got super dirty i was wondering whats a good product(s) to use to clean it?

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
I got did 500 miles in my fury from Chicago to Indiana and back my fury is filthy it rained on the way back so it got super dirty i was wondering whats a good product(s) to use to clean it?
Mothers car wash soap, and for light cleaning Mothers Showtime and a microfiber towel.. works great for the beach salt water slime..

if you couldn't tell I like Mothers products.. Had a bad experience with Meguires product before and never went back..

·
Registered
886 Posts
i wax my bikes often so dirt doesn't really stick too strongly. if they're really dirty, i'll get out the dish soap and water but if they're just a little dusty i use windex and a soft towel. super fast to do and leaves that streak free shine. you can even use it on chrome as long as it's not too hot.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Mine has never had water touch it either. Funny, my husband uses an array of stuff to keep his "Poor Man's Chopper" Yamaha Raider clean. I have called her his mistress since 2008. When I got my Fury, he asked me if I wanted him to show me how to care for her? I laughed and told him that I wouldn't deny him all that pleasure he gets from stroking my bike along with his! So far, it is working. I can't even tell you how many coats of wax is on her now!

·
Premium Member
6,715 Posts
I use a garden hose for the water and a small amount of soap. Here is a step by step detail of how I wash my bike.

#1 Park bike in a shady area with preferably on direct sun light.
#2 Mix one cap full of car soap/wash into a bucket of warm water.
#3 Using a standard garden hose that is properly afixed to a working hose bib, lightly wet the bike down.
#4 Use a soft cloth and dip it into bucket of warm soapy water. See #2 for more details.
#5 Start in a small area of the highest part of the bike. Usally the mirrors and handle bars. Wash thourghly.
#6 Quickly rinse the area just completed in step #5.
#7 Wash small portions of the bike at a time and rinse. This eliminates the chances of water/soap drying on said bike.
#8 When bike is completly washed and rinsed, go over the bike one last time to completly rinse off any soap that may have been missed.
#9 I usaully towl dry first then follow up with a Chamois.
#10 Ride bike so that the remaining water blows off then repeat #9.

I am gonna try the leaf blower next time. Well folks, I hope this really helps everyone that has been stuggling with the proper way to give your bike a bath. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.