Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
6,715 Posts
I use a garden hose for the water and a small amount of soap. Here is a step by step detail of how I wash my bike.

#1 Park bike in a shady area with preferably on direct sun light.
#2 Mix one cap full of car soap/wash into a bucket of warm water.
#3 Using a standard garden hose that is properly afixed to a working hose bib, lightly wet the bike down.
#4 Use a soft cloth and dip it into bucket of warm soapy water. See #2 for more details.
#5 Start in a small area of the highest part of the bike. Usally the mirrors and handle bars. Wash thourghly.
#6 Quickly rinse the area just completed in step #5.
#7 Wash small portions of the bike at a time and rinse. This eliminates the chances of water/soap drying on said bike.
#8 When bike is completly washed and rinsed, go over the bike one last time to completly rinse off any soap that may have been missed.
#9 I usaully towl dry first then follow up with a Chamois.
#10 Ride bike so that the remaining water blows off then repeat #9.

I am gonna try the leaf blower next time. Well folks, I hope this really helps everyone that has been stuggling with the proper way to give your bike a bath. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.:D

· Premium Member
6,715 Posts
I posted a thread about this back in May I believe. Someone mentioned to try the Honda Spray cleaner. I got it off Ebay really cheap and it's an easy, quick way to clean the ride. It works on both the plastic and chromed pieces. Good luck!

Larry
New York
This is my last step! Everyone taking notes, Please add this to the list..

#11 Finish up with a complete detail using Honda Spray Cleaner.

Forgot this to...

#12 Use a high quality leather cleaner on the seats. I have some my Lexus dealer gave me and you will slide off the seat if your not careful :eek:

#13 Get out and RIDE.

#14 Repeat steps 1 -13 as needed. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.