Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 223 Posts

· Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there is a thread about military and vets, was just wondering what does everyone do for a living. Obviously there are some smart guys on this forum. Never know when there is an expert on a specific subject, and to boot...is a memeber of this forum.

I work for DOD as a NET manager for a new weapon system.

· Registered
13,163 Posts
Spent most of my life moving from job to job as a factory laborer. Even washed dishes once. Finally caught a break and wound up working in the Sales Department; Inside Sales to be exact. Not a bad job really. Beats the hell out of repetitive assembly line work. Not going to make me rich, but at least it barely pays the bills.

· Registered
266 Posts
Respiratory therapist x 32 yrs, work every fri.+ sun. Company gives full time benefits and pay for giving up weekends,and you get 4 wknds off a year = 11 days off at a crack. Sweet deal lots of time off for riding + fishing soon to retire, sweeter yet.

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Well I left Highschool when I was 17,,needed to get away,,had a serious disfunctional family , Joined the Marines and spent 20 yrs, Was wounded in combat from a Mortar round and was made unemployable by the VA and social security, Yes they pay well for a guy who cant work but I havent worked in over 5 yrs,,I started remodeling my house,,took me forever,,can only do so much before im in so much pain,,my wife was so worried after I bought this bike,,as excited as I am about having this,,and the pain I endure by enjoying it,,its worth it,,I dont show my pain in public,,but today it caught up with me,,I did ride and I am hurting but Its a good pain for me,,seeing I got it doing something I enjoy. I did Build a fully functional cockpit for a flight simulator which is awesome,,and I do computer repairs for people less fortunate,,I try to do something good for somebody everyday to have some self worth. I volunteer and a home for people needing constant care,,I sing to them,,put on a 2 hour show,,make them feel good..Thats about it..oh and I worked on Cummings and Detroit diesel engines while i was in.

· Super Moderator
6,839 Posts
I started out as an electronics engineer designing all kinds of stuff from tv sets to broadcast transmitters but the Australian electronics industry moved everything to Asia so I retrained and got my masters of computer science. Moved to the Bay Area of California to build global email systems but came back to Aus when my wife said she wanted to go home. (Man has to know when he's not going to win an argument) Now I write programs that run on Apple computers and I design complex computer networks.

· Premium Member
2,497 Posts
I started out as an electronics engineer designing all kinds of stuff from tv sets to broadcast transmitters but the Australian electronics industry moved everything to Asia so I retrained and got my masters of computer science. Moved to the Bay Area of California to build global email systems but came back to Aus when my wife said she wanted to go home. (Man has to know when he's not going to win an argument) Now I write programs that run on Apple computers and I design complex computer networks.
Damm and i cant get a smiley off of the fury smiley page ......:confused:

· Premium Member
1,965 Posts
I design VoIP (Voice over IP) and data networks for business.
ShoreTel & HP data switching equipment.
I've been in the communications business since I got out of the USAF. going on 30 years now. prior to being a design engineer, I was a level 4 support engineer.
I used to fly into different cities troubleshooting problems. Debugging code and writing patches RPL on data general processors.
I've been to every state in the US but 5..
T

· Registered
248 Posts
Contract Manufacturing.....Operations Manager. We're actually a large machine shop with more than 50 CNC machining centers. Make parts (almost anything) to customer specifications. Customers are in Aerospace, Medical, Telecommunications, Fire Arms, Food and Beverage and the Defense industry. Staff is generally blue collar, but highly technical. Fun stuff! Been doing it for more than 30 years now. Started as machinist apprentice, move to inspection/quality assurance and now basically run the operation from the top. I just turned 60 and hope to be still doing it 20 years from now.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.