Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Looks as though you are off to a good start. Definitely need to do the rear turn signals to match the front. I also agree with doing the engine. Looks like a comfy seat!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks as though you are off to a good start. Definitely need to do the rear turn signals to match the front. I also agree with doing the engine. Looks like a comfy seat!
I will do the round covers soon. The engine is something I am debating on. Thats alot of work with no garage. An d yes that seat is very comfortable. Rear sigs will be swapped out with bullet signals from Drag specialties.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
great job I agree the engine woiuld be the finishing touch but that's a lot of work. Nice Job

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Ahhhh....the side covers are too light of a black! Same thing happened to me. The black looked perfect till I sprayed the clear coat on it and it lightened it up.

I'm not really a fan of the stick-on designs on your Power-Flo......

Everything else looks good though! Black engine.....I can't wait to do mine!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dare
I was sickened by the way the clear coat came out. I didnt want to take off the headlight again (what a bitch) and everything else. So I left it as is. I should of painted them Matte black instead of semi gloss. I dont know if I am going to do the engine black though. And the stick on thingy was a last minute idea. I really wanted to do the outline of the powerflo. I didnt want to tape it all up and cut into the powder coating. Eventually I want to do it but I really just want to ride it. Took a whole week of sanding, painting and sick of the smell I couldnt wait to finish it. I think the motor would be too much black. I may just get the kury chrome covers and call it a day. I really need to get those lolies off the rear and put what I have on.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking good Ernie!
Thanks bro. When we met up I didnt do the headlight and the front sigs. I was rushed to get her together for that run. As you can see I made the time lol. Too bad I pulled a muscle in my leg and laid up for the night now. Im so pissed. I washed her and was all ready to ride tonight too. Weekend is going to be great for riding so I still have tomorrow and Sunday.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Ernie, if you want a matte look, you may want to consider taking a 3M green pad and scuffing the gloss off the headlight. Maybe yes, maybe no.

If you want to really jazz up the intake, think about having a simple pinstripe put on. Im sure if you look around you would be able to find a small design that is actually a stick on vs. looking for a pinstriper.

Your ride is taking on more of the personality that is you. Funny how more and more bikes are starting to look like their owners.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
QUOTE=CBSIMONSEZ;63169]Ernie, if you want a matte look, you may want to consider taking a 3M green pad and scuffing the gloss off the headlight. Maybe yes, maybe no.

If you want to really jazz up the intake, think about having a simple pinstripe put on. Im sure if you look around you would be able to find a small design that is actually a stick on vs. looking for a pinstriper.

Your ride is taking on more of the personality that is you. Funny how more and more bikes are starting to look like their owners.[/QUOTE]
To achieve the Matte look I would have to re-spray it and I AM NOT DOING THAT THIS WEEKEND! LOL
I am going to be looking for some kind of die cut to put on the powerflo.
Here is the other side I didnt post.

[

·
Registered
93 Posts
Although the black look isn't for me, I certainly understand the appeal. It does look good. The only thing I can say is, you should pick one medium of black, either gloss, semi, or flat, and EVERYTHING should be the same. I assume since the pipes are Flat, you would go with that. However, as much of a bitch as it would be, that means you should go with a flat black frame too. Three different degrees of black just throw it off a little.

As for the engine, would it be easier to buy a chrome engine kit, and then just paint all the peices black before applying?

Who makes the seat? Does the Mrs think the back seat is comfy?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I love it. And I like the stick-ons. Great color combo. Is that a C&C seat?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts