Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm usually not a fan of paint jobs on the Fury....but when I saw srt4543's bike I absolutely fell in love with the style. I decided to see how it'd look on my bike so I photoshopped it with black and white. It wouldn't be exactly the same...it's just an idea. Let me know what you all think!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Looks good. Like the black with the white pin stripe, but im not a fan of duplication... Have you thought of changing it up a bit so it has your own look?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Looks good. I think it would also look cool if you blacked out the engine but keep the caps chrome, that would fit with the theme. Also the triple trees and the lower forks.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good. Like the black with the white pin stripe, but im not a fan of duplication... Have you thought of changing it up a bit so it has your own look?
It wouldn't be the same. I just wanted to see how it would look. I'm thinking about following the lines that are already there and doing something with that. I'd pick up a L&M front fender to get the lines up front too.

Looks good. I think it would also look cool if you blacked out the engine but keep the caps chrome, that would fit with the theme. Also the triple trees and the lower forks.
I planned on painting the engine a long time ago....I just haven't gotten around to it yet :/

And like I said...this is just an idea. I like my bike the way it is. I just feel like it needs more and my step-dad paints bikes for the local Harley dealership so it'd be a cheap way to change the looks. Just thinking though :)

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Yeah, I could give my seal of approval also, just try to put your own twist on it. I think you’re on the right track.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'll thumb it up. But I like your idea of following the lines already there. I spend a lot of time looking at the long lines created by light reflections when the fury is sitting in the sun. I've always been a firm believer that you can take the way light creates those reflections and turn it into a paint job. Just accents the bike beautifully. By the sounds of it you running along that same idea. Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Actually looks good ! Did you try to change the white to red to match the pin stripe if you still have it on your wheels ? Just to see how it looked ?

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Looks so so IMO, I do like the layout of the decals/paint

I like the idea of old school orange and red flames on matte looks like a old muscle car want to photo shop but its a pain:D

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Maybe you should look into purchasing a similiar decal set just to get an idea to see if you like it on the bikle before spending the money for a custom paint job.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe you should look into purchasing a similiar decal set just to get an idea to see if you like it on the bikle before spending the money for a custom paint job.
I might look into having someone cut the patterns that I have going through my mind. But as I said my step-dad is a painter......so cost isn't a problem. I just haven't found anything I liked.

I've been thinking of some type of pattern in the black. Like something that could be seen only up close....what do you all think?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I like srt's bike, but I gotta admit, I like the pic you posted even better. Yah, it may seem a bit copycat or whatever, but the color combo you had there looks better to me that a lot of red on his. Just my view.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm working on a different paint scheme.......I have class though and work right after that. I'll get it done and post it asapppp

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have always been a fan of geometrical design and especially to accent the existing lines of a bike, car, or truck. The Fury has some beautifully subtle lines. I think you are on the right track. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Definitely like the black better... but if you're going there, paint the swingarm and hub to match too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts