Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my Black Cobra swepts this week and wanted to know what else I need. Do I really need a Power Commander or fuel processor? Intake? Remove the Pair valve? Give me a hand since I am on a limited budget. Thanks gang

· Registered
1,312 Posts
I am getting my Black Cobra swepts this week and wanted to know what else I need. Do I really need a Power Commander or fuel processor? Intake? Remove the Pair valve? Give me a hand since I am on a limited budget. Thanks gang
If you want it LOUD, you'll have to get the baffles out....somehow.
If the baffles are out, you should prolly get a fuel processor. I have the Cobra Fi200r. Others might say otherwise.
New gaskets. I got mine from NAPA. Part # 60569

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
for budgets... Remove the pair valve before removing the baffles... will sound much better...

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you want it LOUD, you'll have to get the baffles out....somehow.
If the baffles are out, you should prolly get a fuel processor. I have the Cobra Fi200r. Others might say otherwise.
New gaskets. I got mine from NAPA. Part # 60569
I will see what they sound like when I get them on. I will probably leave the baffles in since I get home late most of the time and dont want to make enemies where I live lol. I think I will get the pair valve with the dimples just incase I get serious popping. New gaskets I will pick up from Napa. If the power commander isnt needed I will get that in my off season. I want everything but still have to pay the bills, thats why I am on a budget lol

· Registered
1,151 Posts
for budgets... Remove the pair valve before removing the baffles... will sound much better...
is the pair valve the baffles? If so before you remove them check with you local laws, I chose to keep mine in because i would have to put them back in yearly for my state inspection that says i have to have them in for emmisions inspection,,to me its something I chose not to deal with less of a hassle. Mine sound fine with baffles in, and if you take them out get a Fi2000, and would rec the cobra power flo,,its nice,,made my bike sound meaner,,lmao:D

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
is the pair valve the baffles? If so before you remove them check with you local laws, I chose to keep mine in because i would have to put them back in yearly for my state inspection that says i have to have them in for emmisions inspection,,to me its something I chose not to deal with less of a hassle. Mine sound fine with baffles in, and if you take them out get a Fi2000, and would rec the cobra power flo,,its nice,,made my bike sound meaner,,lmao:D
No, the pair valves are a seperate part of the bike that have to do with EPA laws. Check Tony_Fury's post on how to remove them>>> http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fury-tech-performance-chat/3563-pair-valve-removed.html

· Premium Member
532 Posts
I have the Cobras along with the PowerCommander V. I got these hooked up the same day while installing a new intake. All components were done together then the bike was dyno'd to see the improved horsepower and torque. You already got the Cobras coming so the additional costs in this case would be approx:
$250 - PCV
$180 - Low n Mean Intake Adapter
$??? - Choice of Intake (my spike was $125)
_____
$600ish

This of course does not include the dyno which was done at Powerhouse in West Babylon (Long Island) which of course was additional. The more I'm typing, the more your budget is not fitting this I'm thinking. Send me a PM with your info again bro - I deleted it by accident and was going to call you to hook up.

Take care.

Larry

· Registered
1,151 Posts
I have the Cobras along with the PowerCommander V. I got these hooked up the same day while installing a new intake. All components were done together then the bike was dyno'd to see the improved horsepower and torque. You already got the Cobras coming so the additional costs in this case would be approx:
$250 - PCV
_____
$600ish

This of course does not include the dyno which was done at Powerhouse in West Babylon (Long Island) which of course was additional. The more I'm typing, the more your budget is not fitting this I'm thinking. Send me a PM with your info again bro - I deleted it by accident and was going to call you to hook up.

Take care.

Larry
Well, I have the cobra street sweeper exhaust, the cobra Fi2000 fuel controller, and the Cobra Power-flo intake,, the intake that cobra sells is nice looking and it comes with everything u need, its under $250, vice having to buy an adapter for $125-175, then the filter for another $200 and so forth. Oh and a dyno wasnt required.

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
$250 - PCV
_____
$600ish

Take care.

Larry
what were your dyno results?
oh, and please ratchet down your font size--

· Premium Member
532 Posts
what were your dyno results?
oh, and please ratchet down your font size--
The dyno results showed that the power increase was significant going from the original base dynorun horsepower/torque to the mapped final result. It was as follows:

Max Power (Dynorun) - 53.4 HP
Max Power (Mapped) - 62.1 HP

Max Power (Dynorun) - 69.1 Torque
Max Power (Mapped) - 80.1 Torque

The only way to get the Max Power and correct air fuel setting is by a dyno. People who do not dyno their bikes after an upgrade of pipes/PCV or other fuel controller/intake system will never get the true mapping that a dynorun will give - equalling maximum performance.

Skappy - I been using this font size since May 2009 on this forum. Good luck!

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$250 - PCV
_____
$600ish

Take care.

Larry
Larry, I will be making the plunge soon for all you wrote up. I will probably do it next week. I want to stay on a budget for now since I am trying to save up for a Condo. Im looking into buying something in Manhattan before the end of this year. Every little helps for the down payment.
CBSimonsez Pm'd me about a Bear mountain run/bikini wash on the 31st if your into it. Maybe also that 42st buzz. I definitely want to meet up with both of you guys. As you have been aware the weather hasnt been so great lately.

· Premium Member
4,750 Posts
One thing I would suggest is for you to post somewhere in a thread or make up a thread and let people know what you are looking for so more people can help you find the best deal on whatever it is your looking to buy, I did that with a couple of things and quiet a few other forum members helped me find good prices on stuff, just an idea.

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One thing I would suggest is for you to post somewhere in a thread or make up a thread and let people know what you are looking for so more people can help you find the best deal on whatever it is your looking to buy, I did that with a couple of things and quiet a few other forum members helped me find good prices on stuff, just an idea.
For now I wanted to know if I needed the PC or intake if I installed the pipes alone. When I usually buy a bike I have these installed before I picked it up but in this case I was in a major rush to get the bike so now I am installing everything myself. Also a few years back money was not a issue but with the recession and working for someone other than myself, things are tougher. I will be getting the intake with the power commander and dyno probably next week. Thanks for the advice anyway Kiowa

· Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Oh ok I thought you was needing some help getting the best deals on some stuff, either way good luck and let us know if we can help you find something.

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh ok I thought you was needing some help getting the best deals on some stuff, either way good luck and let us know if we can help you find something.
No sweat bro. I also have a good hook up from Republiccycles.com His name is Glen and alwasy give great prices and always free shipping. If you have a part number he can get it. I paid for my pipes yesterday and they shipped today. Cant beat that timeline. I met him through Ebay. Definitely a cool cat in my book. Look at the hook up I made with Smiley. Everyone ordered his Chrome covers. I am a huge fan of forums and this has been the most entertaining one so far!

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
The dyno results showed that the power increase was significant going from the original base dynorun horsepower/torque to the mapped final result. It was as follows:

Max Power (Dynorun) - 53.4 HP
Max Power (Mapped) - 62.1 HP

Max Power (Dynorun) - 69.1 Torque
Max Power (Mapped) - 80.1 Torque

The only way to get the Max Power and correct air fuel setting is by a dyno. People who do not dyno their bikes after an upgrade of pipes/PCV or other fuel controller/intake system will never get the true mapping that a dynorun will give - equalling maximum performance.

Skappy - I been using this font size since May 2009 on this forum. Good luck!
ok fella. that don't make it nice for the rest of us.:rolleyes:
how much for the dyno, sir?

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
For now I wanted to know if I needed the PC or intake if I installed the pipes alone. When I usually buy a bike I have these installed before I picked it up but in this case I was in a major rush to get the bike so now I am installing everything mycself. Also a few years back money was not a issue but with the recession and working for someone other than myself, things are tougher. I will be getting the intake with the power commander and dyno probably next week. Thanks for the advice anyway Kiowa
Check da FAQ. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.