Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to motorcycles except a 2 stoke dirt bike. I know how to change the oil and that the oil is the transmission fluid, and the drive shaft fluid. What other fluids are there to change on this bike and where are they located?

I have the 2013 model

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Coolant/antifreeze located in the radiator and cooling passages of the engine gets drained from the lower left side of the bike at the water pump there is a drain bolt and it gets refilled at the thermostat housing behind the ignition switch cover/tool box, when you remove the toolbox you will see a "radiator" cap. When you refill it you need to start the bike and let it run until it gets warm to be sure its full, Blip the throttle a few times with the cap off to burp the system while sitting on the bike holding it upright off the kickstand. Top off as needed.

Final drive oil, that is located on the left side of the rear wheel in the "differential" where the drive shaft transfers the power to the rear wheel. Drain bolt on the bottom, fill plug/bolt (big plug toward the outside) higher up. When refilling you add oil until it reaches the bottom of the fill plug hole when the bike is on the kickstand.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Did my final drive before I had a manual, filled it to the bottom of the fill plug while the bike was level. No ill effects yet, I could drain, but it's probably just frothing a bit. Not sure I need to pull the plug?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'll add that if you do change the final drive oil you prob want to replace the crush washer as I failed to do that and it has a very small seeping that would accumulate around the drain plug which took a few weeks to go away.. will definitely replace on the next go around.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I'll add that if you do change the final drive oil you prob want to replace the crush washer as I failed to do that and it has a very small seeping that would accumulate around the drain plug which took a few weeks to go away.. will definitely replace on the next go around.
I had the same thing happen to me, couple drips, wiped clean, bone dry after a week. Re-used the crush washer. I just rotated it differently so it would crush different. I really think that bit of extra just accumulates and you can see it when you tighten the plug. Not sure it's actually leaking. I even had a couple drips on the ground, but it's been dry since.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
DOT 4 brake fluid and BEER...after the work is complete. Maybe a couple (10) during work.:winetime:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts