Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a tall sissy bar for this bike since I bought it. It has taken quite some time for anyone to come out with one so I bought the Honda Low sissy bar to keep my wife on the back. Now I have 4 holes in my rear fender, so even if Ginz comes out with a sissy I wont buy it because I have mounting holes already.

So now the question... How many of you out there would purchase a tall sissy bar, chopper styling like a Ginz that mounts like the Honda? Especially those who already have the Honda sissy bar.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I'm not into sissy bars b/c I dont have a need for one yet. But this has come up quite a bit and I just wonder, hard hard difficult would it be to find a piece of round bar, bend it into a "U" then at the bottom put the desired angle bend. Then have a chrome shop chrome it. I may be overly simplifying things here. I think a local exhaust shop would be able to bend it for cheap.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I have been looking for a tall sissy bar for this bike since I bought it. It has taken quite some time for anyone to come out with one so I bought the Honda Low sissy bar to keep my wife on the back. Now I have 4 holes in my rear fender, so even if Ginz comes out with a sissy I wont buy it because I have mounting holes already.

So now the question... How many of you out there would purchase a tall sissy bar, chopper styling like a Ginz that mounts like the Honda? Especially those who already have the Honda sissy bar.
I want a tall sissy bar like the teepee style Ginz has....but like you I have the oem honds sissy bar, I do have a couple of issues....I want to change my seat to a C&C but I've heard that the mounting bolts for the oem sissy bar are visible with a C&C seat.....I'd want the fastback seat....so that would definitely mean that the 4 mounting holes would be visible with a different sissybar. I was hoping Cannella would come up with one using the Honda mounting style, but I doubt they will...they'll probably come up with one similar to Ginz. One way or another, I'll eventually get some type of tall sissybar on the bike with a pointy, slanted back top.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts

i have been debating this, but have not found the right material to bend properly. I have planned on useing our fav little 4 holes since I to run the oem low bar

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Have the oem bar, but would like taller. Whether Ginz tall or somewhere between, not sure. But I am planning on the C&C SportTour this winter/spring. So I would like something that would blend well and not add more holes to the fender.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I don't know if they are still on here or not but they was for 2 months when I was entering the FOTM contest. I made one out of round stainless steel bent and tabs welded on jusst like the OEM sissy bar but I made mine so I could raise it up and down and made some maltese crosses out of stainless and welded stainless bolts to them and stainless nuts on the back of the bar so I could use them as set screws. No wonder I never won FOTM you folks weren't looking at the bikes. LOLOLOL:p:p:p find the pics and look might be what you are looking for and I know MFR can make one. Raised up to 18" lowered to 12". Used the original pad just modified the mounting bracket. Hits the wife in the middle of the bra strap or can lower down to hit in the small of the back.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may have one available soon. I am having a shop next door look into this and get some pricing. I was thinking the same style as the Ginz teepee about 20" above the top of the fender. I'm also talking to the about some forwards. Not sure about pegs and grips, I think there are plenty of those in the market. They do some parts for a custom shop around here.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I may have one available soon. I am having a shop next door look into this and get some pricing. I was thinking the same style as the Ginz teepee about 20" above the top of the fender. I'm also talking to the about some forwards. Not sure about pegs and grips, I think there are plenty of those in the market. They do some parts for a custom shop around here.
I just took 2 pieces of plate and drilled them out to mount harley controls, then its getting the shift linkage, a custom brake line (longer braided line with oem style caliper fitting and the 3/8 angled whatever bend for Master Cyl) and a pressure switch for brake light.

This is where my Forward adapter project got off the ground. I just havent had time to Final mount everything but did ride it using OEM brake and shifting with the forwards. It works and was an extra like 60 bucks over the cost of the Harley Forwards, including the hardware http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fury-diy-area/4038-forwards-soon-2.html.

For a sissy bar I was thinking just mounting it to the Seat strap bolts having a plate with a rubber pad on bottom to displace the stress of weight to keep the fender from cracking and having it like the Tee-pee.

Ohh Tools/materials that i used for my forward plates are Cardboard and a sharpee (for template), Plumb bob and masking tape to measure Forward stretch from center of peg and keep consistant with stretch and elevation changes, a sawzall, 1/4"x4"x1' Piece of Steel ($10), bench grinder, Drill and I think a 5/16 bit (dont remeber exactly, got impatient and was just trying to get done), a speed square to check all of my lines on template, Bench vise (to hold bracket still), The forwards from a mid80's-late 90's Harley listed in the thread, Brake line ($28), 5 1"long 5/16 spacers, 5 5/16x2 1/4 i think bolts, 5 locking nuts, matched up some 1" bolts for the honda mounting points (i think it was 10x1.25 but not positive), cupling nut i think was 6x1.0, and a long piece of metric all-thread (about $20 in hardware) a 3/8 Banjo pressure switch (about $15) I didnt shop around much for cheaper prices though

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not able to do that, half that stuff is greek to me. I am handy enough to put the parts on, but not make them. Hopefully I get can help get an affordable solution for those of us that are not as mecanically inclined.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I'm not able to do that, half that stuff is greek to me. I am handy enough to put the parts on, but not make them. Hopefully I get can help get an affordable solution for those of us that are not as mecanically inclined.
well its another option you can run by your machine shop to possibly save you cash

·
Registered
2,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I found a little fab. shop in my town,gonna go by and see if they can take the oem style of the sissy bar and make a taleer one that uses theexisting mounts.Going to also see if they can have it match the curves of my C&C seat to hopefully cover up the mounting holes a lil bit.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
metalsdepot.com has 3/4" aluminum round stock 6ft length $14, 1/2" for $7. Shipping is a little steep, but still not bad for total price of around $25

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Serge, I still don't know, but that one still reminds me of a shower caddy, with a mirror for shaving and a soap dish.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hahaha, great description :) Don't like it either!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts