Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
It is not Honda only. Almost all oil manufactures offer this type of final drive oil. You should be able to find it at any motorcycle shop.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
sounds like something you get on the side of your neck after a lizard bites you.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
do not use standard 80 wt.it should read hypoid on it.i think it is non foaming.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
It's the same stuff they use in the lower units of outboard motors. Any marina will have it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I use Mobil 1 75w-90 synthetic gear lubricant. Think a lot of others on the forum use this also. A little more expensive, but GOOD stuff .........Can get it at almost any auto parts store.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I use Mobil 1 75w-90 synthetic gear lubricant. Think a lot of others on the forum use this also. A little more expensive, but GOOD stuff .........Can get it at almost any auto parts store.
That's exactly what I use, as well. I dump it out and change it every 2000 miles or so. Takes maybe 15 minutes, and it's ALWAYS dark in color when I change it.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So does the Mobile One say Hypoid compatible? I live in this little podunk town found 1 place that had 80 -90 Hypoid.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
So does the Mobile One say Hypoid compatible? I live in this little podunk town found 1 place that had 80 -90 Hypoid.
Yep. Since it's a synthetic it offers more protection than conventional hypoids. Amsoil is another good one..........

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just looked the Mobile 1 up damn I love Mobile 1 run it in everything motor wise. It does not say its a hypoid replacement and says nothing about foaming. Valvoline was the only brand I could find around here and I would just use water instead of that crap.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK I now have to resign as the INTERNET TOUGHMAN and now have became the INTERNET DUMBASS its the Mobile 1 hd that says Hypoid thanks for everyone's help!!!!!!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No I haven't paid my dues yet in more ways than one!!!! Was it Budlight lime dang it I always miss out!! I really didnt think you would be in here sluming with us when you have that fancy VIP room. Is it true what they say What happens in the VIP room stays in the VIP room.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts