Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to replace tires and was wondering if anyone was running something besides Dunlop?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
metzler 210/40/18 1-1/2 shorter then oem, lowers bike 3/4 if you like the lower & meaner look

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
metzler 210/40/18 1-1/2 shorter then oem, lowers bike 3/4 if you like the lower & meaner look
How does it last compared to the dunlop MFR?
I ask because I don't know?

I'm running the Dunlop stock front and 250 rear.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I heard its a better tire, thats all I know. and it got me lower :cool:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard the Metzler is a softer tire so it doesn't last as long but grips the road better. I've got just over 10K on my sock tires and probably wouldn't change the front yet but it's got a slice across the middle so better to do it know, the rear still looks pretty good might get a another 2K or so out of it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have never liked dunplops (sorry) on any of my sports bikes but these are great haven't had an issue with them.

In saying that previously I was a huge fan of metzlers so will be interesting to see how the 2 compare:D

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
i run the metz.they grip a lot better but you lose a few miles on wear.we do a lot of mountain riding so its worth it for the grip on those turns.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I recently replaced the front with a Metzler. I think it is much smoother, stickier and doesn't grab the grooves in the road nearly as much as the Dunlop. I think the consensus is that the Metzler rear doesn't last as long as the Dunlop. I am going to try one anyway to see for myself. I have always tried to shy away from Dunlop in the past, but the stock rear hasn't treated me bad at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts