Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year is your Fury, and how many miles have you put on it?

It's a relative question... relative to when you read this, when you bought your bike, and how many miles it had when you got it, blah blah blah... (You Australian, Europish, and Asian guys may to convert to US miles :)

Here's my story: Bought mine new in August of 2015.
I've had it 2 years, and put 5385 miles on it, as of today.

Obviously, mine is the side piece in this relationship. >:)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Okay, since we are spilling our guts. I purchased my Fury in 2010 and have accumulated a whooping 16,289 miles. Keep in mind, I live in N.E. Michigan and my riding season last only about 5 months unless I break out the long underware and sno-mobil suit. There you go that's my life story.....I hope your happy!

Reactions: cr8on

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Okay, since we are spilling our guts. I purchased my Fury in 2010 and have accumulated a whooping 16,289 miles. Keep in mind, I live in N.E. Michigan and my riding season last only about 5 months unless I break out the long underware and sno-mobil suit. There you go that's my life story.....I hope your happy!
I'm happier than a pig in shit. Thanks for sharing.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Got my 2011 in 2016 right before this guy^^^. Had a scoach over 8k and now shes sitting at about 11.5k!

Reactions: BakoFury and cr8on

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
What year is your Fury, and how many miles have you put on it?
Mine is a 2013, that I bought brand new in June 2015 with 0 miles. ( lol it was still in the friggen crate!) I have about 5500 miles on it now. In fact the title should be in the mail on it's way to me right now, it's paid off.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Bought my beautiful black 2010 Fury in September 2016.... 6,100 original miles on the odometer. Should be rolling over to 11,000 miles within the next week (weather permitting). (My signature photo was taken by my wife the day I brought it home!) :winetime:

Reactions: cr8on and BakoFury

·
Registered
958 Posts
Mine is a 2013, that I bought brand new in June 2015 with 0 miles. ( lol it was still in the friggen crate!) I have about 5500 miles on it now. In fact the title should be in the mail on it's way to me right now, it's paid off.
I mirror you except i'm over 6k and paid off on purchase.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I mirror you except i'm over 6k and paid off on purchase.
I was really tempted to do that, just write the check then and there. But they gave me the money so cheap, it would have actually cost me more to buy it outright! But the whole 'owing money' thing gnawed at me, I was making payments every 2 or 3 weeks, so I just paid it off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First owner bought red on red 2013 in 2015 and barely rode it - put it up for sale on Craigslist this month for $6270 (payoff) with 1200 miles. Just wanted out from under it. He made another payment on it, wrecked his car and rode the Fury for the next two weeks until I bought it from him with 2106 miles. Still waiting for the lien to clear on the title so he can mail it to me and I can get a plate/registration, etc.
In the meantime I did the exhaust and am in the middle of the intake and already have the ECU reflash done and relearned - more parts coming including Highway Hawk luggage rack and Kuryakyn grips. It already has a C&C touring seat and the Gothic sissy bar.
The Vance & Hines slip ons sound great.
I told him at least he got more time to spend on it before he sold it!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
In the meantime I did the exhaust and am in the middle of the intake and already have the ECU reflash done and relearned ....
Once you've "completed" your intake mod you're likely going to want to re-learn the ECU again with the finished setup.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
958 Posts
I was really tempted to do that, just write the check then and there. But they gave me the money so cheap, it would have actually cost me more to buy it outright! But the whole 'owing money' thing gnawed at me, I was making payments every 2 or 3 weeks, so I just paid it off.
I hear you, in that case it was a good play.. in general any time i can avoid those bastard banks and their interest and fees I try to.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bought my 2014 new at the end of 2015. It's my third current bike so the miles get split. But the Fury is sitting right at 9,xxx at the moment.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
I bought my 2010 in 2009. I have almost 18000 miles on it. Over 6000 was on a trip in 2010 from Bakersfield Ca to Princeton WV and back. Since then I have had a heart attack and slight stroke so I couldn't ride for quite a while. I am back on it now and loving every minute.
Glad to hear that you are on the mend and back on your Fury!! Take care!!:winetime:

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I bought my 2010 in 2009. I have almost 18000 miles on it. Over 6000 was on a trip in 2010 from Bakersfield Ca to Princeton WV and back. Since then I have had a heart attack and slight stroke so I couldn't ride for quite a while. I am back on it now and loving every minute.
Some great news at the end of a long week! Good for you Thomas!

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I bought my 2011 brand new in July of 2012, zero miles fresh outta the crate. Currently have 8126 miles on her, and loving every single last one of them. This is actually the first time I've really looked at the odometer, cause it's a Honda! I sat here ready to reply and thought "well damn, I have no idea how many miles I've racked up"... Had to go out to the garage to check, grab a beer from the fridge, and admire her (thinking it's time to pay my son a few bucks to wash/detail her this weekend, it is Labor day weekend after all). Planning to keep her long enough for my son to inherit her.

Haven't been able to ride as much this year as I'd like due to work, kids, travel, and some major outdoor home improvement projects... At least here in TX, the fall/winter riding season is a few months away which is my absolute favorite time of the year to ride. I usually get as much seat time in November as I do through the whole rest of the year!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts