Honda Fury Forums: banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
MY first material possession

Hi, just joined the forum. I just purchased a 2017 Fury from Beechmont Motor Sports in Cincinnati. It had 1 mile on it. I’ve had the bike 2 weeks and have 250 now. Absolutely love the Fury! :flamebike:

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
I searched your posts, Ken, but didn't come up with the one that has the pictures of your seat mod, however, I had seen the photos in the past and had a good idea.

I took my seat off to wax the bike and noticed some rubbing marks, on the seat pan and the fender, where my tailbone had been flexing the plastic. That was enough to convince me...

I tried to leave some of the structure of the pan, but may trim it up a bit further. You can see where the cut edges are pressing into the foam, after a 350 mile trip.

My butt was kinda numb, after 350 miles, but no tailbone soreness at all.
Mine was a bit more extensive.... lol

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hi, just joined the forum. I just purchased a 2017 Fury from Beechmont Motor Sports in Cincinnati. It had 1 mile on it. I’ve had the bike 2 weeks and have 250 now. Absolutely love the Fury! :flamebike:
Welcome, from Mesa AZ. You will find lot's of good information, and people, on here.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Holy crap! I guess it was. lol Looks like the seat shape is still holding up.
Yep... but it rides a whole lot better and you sit further down in the seat. The only "downside" is that after riding it like this for a couple years I am starting to get stress cracks in the fender under the seat which really is no big deal to me as I plan on redoing the whole rear end of the bike eventually.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Welcome, Demmyhf2017!

There is a google map of your new friends, just click on the link below my signature picture. We are trying to get members, ride locations, events, hangouts, etc. on this map. If you WANT to, I can add you to the map, but only your zip code, we don't want addresses out there.

Enjoy the bike, get to customizing now! :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Super Moderator
2,804 Posts
The main problem with my ex is that she likes to break in and steal my stuff or if she can't steal it then she will wreck it.... The last thing that really pisses my ex off is that I have a younger, prettier and thinner girlfriend. I guess I ticked all the boxes to piss off the ex...... LOL.
That's usually the way it works, they have a really high opinion of themselves, "I'm a princess," "I'm beautiful," "I'm awesome," etc. Then you replace them with someone ten years younger who has a better job, is better looking, fun, smells better, and loves your attention in the middle of the night, Plus you find your wallet is somehow much fatter and you're much happier. Much, much happier.

Set up some trail cams and make her pay every time she does something. When it starts getting in their pocket they tind to quit doing that crap.:grin:
Exactly. Do it. Then report her to the authorities, have her arrested, and sue her for damages, harassment, stalking, trespassing, and domestic terrorism. In court when she's within earshot, ask your attorney if you can sue her for being fat. "It's disgusting, nobody should have to look at that."

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
That's usually the way it works, they have a really high opinion of themselves, "I'm a princess," "I'm beautiful," "I'm awesome," etc. Then you replace them with someone ten years younger who has a better job, is better looking, fun, smells better, and loves your attention in the middle of the night, Plus you find your wallet is somehow much fatter and you're much happier. Much, much happier.

Exactly. Do it. Then report her to the authorities, have her arrested, and sue her for damages, harassment, stalking, trespassing, and domestic terrorism. In court when she's within earshot, ask your attorney if you can sue her for being fat. "It's disgusting, nobody should have to look at that."
LOL.......... My girlfriend is eight years younger than me and has her share of of Miss and Mrs pageant wins. Plus she is still the same size now as she was in her 20s and that really pisses off my ex. In addition my daughter gets on really well with my girlfriend and her children so that adds to my ex's anger even more. That's a win-win situation if ever there was one. :biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
^^^^WINNER

Poster for your ex-wife:

View attachment 192257
That's too funny. My ex has put on a lot of weight but she is still not that big. I bet the guy she had the affair with (and now lives with) is paying a shitload for liposuction, botox, fillers and tummy tucks. I wonder if he still thinks she is sexy........... The joke is on him, and no the sex is not worth it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
***One Year Update***

What year is your Fury, and how many miles have you put on it?

It's a relative question... relative to when you read this, when you bought your bike, and how many miles it had when you got it, blah blah blah... (You Australian, Europish, and Asian guys may to convert to US miles :)

Here's my story: Bought mine new in August of 2015.
I've had it 2 years, and put 5385 miles on it, as of today.

Obviously, mine is the side piece in this relationship. >:)
***One Year Update***

I decided to make Dark Horse my main squeeze this past year... Been riding to work most days, and taking (100-300 mi) weekend trips.

Current odometer reading: 14,650 mi. Damn near tripled my total mileage from last year, which was two years worth of riding.

:flamebike:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found a gem of a Fury when I found mine. I got a 2013 Fury in Cocoa, FL for myself as a birthday present this year (July). I was just out searching and sizing myself for any cruiser types I would like (I'm 6'7''). I was then shown the Fury. Long story short I liked the feel and comfort of the bike and it only had 100 miles on it total. Seemed it was a buyers remorse for being 2013 with 100 miles in 2018.

Since then I have put over 400 miles on it and now just need to take if from a Great bike and make it my own Amazing Fury.

Also side note I've named her Ruby from the 1988 song Oh Ruby by Dirty Looks. I love Harley guys already saying that its an amazing looking bike.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
O mile 2013 bought in 2015 for $8999. 21,742 miles as of today.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Yep... but it rides a whole lot better and you sit further down in the seat. The only "downside" is that after riding it like this for a couple years I am starting to get stress cracks in the fender under the seat which really is no big deal to me as I plan on redoing the whole rear end of the bike eventually.
I did the Kbuskill mod to both rider and passenger seats. No comfort complaints and no stress cracks. Cheapest and most effective Fury mod there is!
I'd rather have done this first than $400 Low and Mean Solo ($375 + shipping) seat modified by Astech Seats for another $400. Also have stock seats modified by Astech!
These with a MotoGateway passenger backrest for Passenger !
I'm satisfied with the stock modified seat although, the Low and Mean Seat is my favorite and was just reinstalled!
I also purchased bolt, collar, rubber spacer and rubber hex plug from online stock parts vendor for factory single seat configuration of rear seat bolt: $8 plus s/h!
I would gladly purchase these parts and a Fury shock for a Interstate but, my dealership parts center is unable to sell these parts!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I found a gem of a Fury when I found mine. I got a 2013 Fury in Cocoa, FL for myself as a birthday present this year (July). I was just out searching and sizing myself for any cruiser types I would like (I'm 6'7''). I was then shown the Fury. Long story short I liked the feel and comfort of the bike and it only had 100 miles on it total. Seemed it was a buyers remorse for being 2013 with 100 miles in 2018.

Since then I have put over 400 miles on it and now just need to take if from a Great bike and make it my own Amazing Fury.

Also side note I've named her Ruby from the 1988 song Oh Ruby by Dirty Looks. I love Harley guys already saying that its an amazing looking bike.
Funny! I bought mine in Melbourne, from Honda, off of US1.

Hell yeah, man! 100 miles is not even broken in! Seriously tho, check out the owners manual and change that oil if you haven's after that many years. I think the first one is 800 miles anyway. The manual is under the side covers, if you haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought mine a week ago with 7600 miles from a close buddy from high school. Put 200 miles on it this week. All bone stock from him, but will be changing that status in the very near future and over winter when its a too brisk in Central PA. Its a 2010 with the burnt cherry red or whatever Honda refers to it as.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts