Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone riding this weekend? I'm gonna do that katelynn butt numbing ride Saturday come rain or shine.....would like to hear other's plans for the fury this weekend.:cool:

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Anyone riding this weekend? I'm gonna do that katelynn butt numbing ride Saturday come rain or shine.....would like to hear other's plans for the fury this weekend.:cool:
I may finally wash the damn thing, but no long rides planned. Probably just a few short hops if I ride at all. Need to plan a nice long trip though.

I can't believe you're able to do the long hauls with that stock seat. How do you stand it? :eek: Jeez-louise, I'm about ready to donate to your C&C seat fund. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may finally wash the damn thing, but no long rides planned. Probably just a few short hops if I ride at all. Need to plan a nice long trip though.

I can't believe you're able to do the long hauls with that stock seat. How do you stand it? :eek: Jeez-louise, I'm about ready to donate to your C&C seat fund. :rolleyes:
It's wearing on me.....guess I got my priorities screwed up.....I just ordered a riser since it will be a while before I have someone fab bars for me. Now gotta start saving for that seat - again.....:(

Love riding the bike, neglecting honeydo's and chores bigtime.....butt pays the price....I ride on Hwy49 alot at 75-80 and it has those nasty pavement seams that cross it every 50 feet or so...and it seems some of them are over an inch high.....it's hell on my butt and lower back.....you think the C&C seat would help with that?

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
It's wearing on me.....guess I got my priorities screwed up.....I just ordered a riser since it will be a while before I have someone fab bars for me. Now gotta start saving for that seat - again.....:(

Love riding the bike, neglecting honeydo's and chores bigtime.....butt pays the price....I ride on Hwy49 alot at 75-80 and it has those nasty pavement seams that cross it every 50 feet or so...and it seems some of them are over an inch high.....it's hell on my butt and lower back.....you think the C&C seat would help with that?
I don't think any seat would help cushion the bumps. That's more of a suspension thing. Dave helped me out with that. He said that cranking up that knob under the right side cover helped him with bumps. I cranked mine up to the second to the highest line and it helped a little, but with my weight the bike can only do so much. Since you're losing weight, maybe cranking that spring preload up might help you with bumps.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i have Friday off and it's supposed to be nice here in Cleveland... i plan on getting some miles on my Fury for once. haven't had good riding opportunities since i bought the thing...

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Going all the way down to San Diego to pass nuggies out on RSS head.. Then have CB Fury hold em down while we all take turns kicking the mutt while he's down....:p

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Going all the way down to San Diego to pass nuggies out on RSS head.. Then have CB Fury hold em down while we all take turns kicking the mutt while he's down....:p
Don't forget to write "wash me" on his tank with your finger. If there's no dust on it then use a Sharpie. :p

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have Friday off and it's supposed to be nice here in Cleveland... i plan on getting some miles on my Fury for once. haven't had good riding opportunities since i bought the thing...
I'm envious....get out there and enjoy it! You gonna take it out on some country roads? My ex's family lived in Norwalk, OH - not far from you...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm envious....get out there and enjoy it! You gonna take it out on some country roads? My ex's family lived in Norwalk, OH - not far from you...
ya, unfortunately i have to deal with alot of a**hole traffic to get to the country... might ride out to my parents' place, nice empty country roads... just gotta watch out for stray cows. :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
................... :mad: .............. bah humbug to all of you and may coal be in your stocking this year....

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
i may ride to va beach this weekend and ride with my daughter.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Cape Cod, Ive gotta get to the ocean its suppose to be in the 90's here this weekend. LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Cape Cod, Ive gotta get to the ocean its suppose to be in the 90's here this weekend. LOVE IT!!!
You riding to it? Life's short, enjoy!
Hell, I'd ride there every day if I only lived 65 miles away.

But Dave, if you live in the Boston area, isn't Boston Harbor or even Massachusetts Bay a lot closer to the water? What's the matter? Are those areas not good enough for ya', because technically off the cost of Cape Cod is the ACTUAL Atlantic Ocean and not just a gulf or a bay? :p

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Hell, I'd ride there every day if I only lived 65 miles away.

But Dave, if you live in the Boston area, isn't Boston Harbor or even Massachusetts Bay a lot closer to the water? What's the matter? Are those areas not good enough for ya', because technically off the cost of Cape Cod is the ACTUAL Atlantic Ocean and not just a gulf or a bay? :p
SteveO, Obviously you have never driven threw Boston before. If your lucky enough to still be alive you'll eventually end up sitting in traffic for the weekend. You either gotta go north to NH or Maine or to the cape. The cape is a nice ride this time of the year and I ride down a few times a week.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts