Honda Fury Forums: banner

Where to get chrome side covers???

10K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  Boomer123 
#1 ·
(If I am on the wrong forum, let me know)

I am looking for chrome for my new bike. Right now, I am interested in the chrome side covers (prefer "non-Honda"). Also looking for almost ANY chrome.
So far, I have bought the horn cover chrome, Rear Brake cover in chrome, chrome dip stick, Chrome spikes for the handlebars, rear "boomerang" chrome frame covers.

I would "like" to find chrome side covers without the Honda insignia if possible, shaft cover in chrome and anything else anyone can think of:)

Thanks all for ANY help!!

#2 ·
I would think that bikebandit or any site like that will be able to sell you chrome ones. As far as a 'non-honda' one, I doubt that you will find any aftermarket ones. Best bet would be to take your black one, remove the Honda tags and then find yourself a place that can chrome plastic

Reactions: waynejitsu
#3 ·
I didn't even know they chromed plastic, other than "factory" pieces.
I will start looking.
I was hoping to maybe find some lightly used.
My bike looks new, 4500 miles on it and trying to make it "my bike" if you know what I mean....,
Ummmm..., I am on the "Fury" forum..., I KNOW you know what I mean, LOL!!

#4 ·
Not sure what you're calling side covers. Could be several things. If you mean the covers where the battery is, Honda is the only place that makes those. The little Honda plates just pop off. Also not sure what you mean by shaft cover. The shaft runs through the swingarm, and the only way to chrome the swingarm is to remove it and have it plated. If you mean the rear final drive, there is also no cover. It must be removed, disassembled, and plated.

Attachments

#21 ·
I haven't found round side covers that don't have the Honda logo on them (other than ribbed ones), but some scratched covers off eBay (or here), sandpaper, Evercoat body filler, lots of careful sanding, and a re-chrome gets the job done. (or you can cheat by going to the auto parts store and buying thin convex mirrors and sticking them on)

#27 ·
bi

I am looking for chrome for my new bike. Right now, I am interested in the chrome side covers (prefer "non-Honda"). Also looking for almost ANY chrome.
So far, I have bought the horn cover chrome, Rear Brake cover in chrome, chrome dip stick, Chrome spikes for the handlebars, rear "boomerang" chrome frame covers.

I would "like" to find chrome side covers without the Honda insignia if possible, shaft cover in chrome and anything else anyone can think of:)

bikebandit you can get all kinds of OEM part and aftermarket stuff the side covers are like $80.- $100. ea,

#31 ·
I make all kinds of stuff. Custom license plate side mounts, forward controls, levers. Always open to total one off parts. About to start making highway peg mounts, floorboards, and custom grills. My website is on the blink. But if you have FB, here's some of my stuff.

#37 ·

just a thought, if the Only covers you can find are the ones with the Honda badge , just grab some dental floss out of the cabinet and slice it off, them take a dab of acetone and clean up your mess doesn’t hurt clear-coat (just don’t be a caveman with it) you may have to use a plastic tool to scrape off the excess glue but besides that, easy Peezy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.