Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Fury today, and I pulled the side covers off, and couldn't find the owners manual? Where is it located? Also, is there a tool kit for this bike?

I did a search for owners manual and nothing came up for my specific question. My apologies if there is a thread already.

Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just picked up my Fury today, and I pulled the side covers off, and couldn't find the owners manual? Where is it located? Also, is there a tool kit for this bike?

I did a search for owners manual and nothing came up for my specific question. My apologies if there is a thread already.

Thanks
the manual is under the driver seat. the manual tells you how to take the seat off:confused: ha take off the two side bolts on passenger seat and one under the rear of passenger. that takes off the passenger seat. then there is two on the side near the rear of driver seat. it is under there. the tool kit is under the plastic cover where your key ignition is located. there are three plastic clips that hold the cover on. push the middle of them in and they slide out. then there is the tool kit. (small philips screw driver and a allen) hope this helps and welcome:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
My owners manual was in a plastic bag stuck with velcro to the inside of the right side cover just under the seat (where the shock preload adjustment is).

·
Registered
91 Posts
the manual is under the driver seat. the manual tells you how to take the seat off:confused: ha take off the two side bolts on passenger seat and one under the rear of passenger. that takes off the passenger seat. then there is two on the side near the rear of driver seat. it is under there. the tool kit is under the plastic cover where your key ignition is located. there are three plastic clips that hold the cover on. push the middle of them in and they slide out. then there is the tool kit. (small philips screw driver and a allen) hope this helps and welcome:)
on a side Note, after removing the plastic clip that hold on the ingition cover pull the center piece of the clip out so that it is above the base then put it back pushing the center back flush. I know some of you out there are saying duh! but for the life of me I could not get that damn clip back in so it was tight and the cover rattled. drove me nuts at first becuase I couldn't figure out waht was rattling:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
My owners manual was in a plastic bag stuck with velcro to the inside of the right side cover just under the seat (where the shock preload adjustment is).
Same place mine was

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine too. I took the seat off just to see what was under there the day after I got my bike. Not room for anything other then a spare copy of the insurance I taped there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My dealer was nice enough (or lazy enough) to hand me my manual and the plastic bag with velcro when I bought the bike. At least it was easy to find and I could read where it was supposed to go. They also recommend that you put your registration and other important papers under the seat. Fat chance a cop would wait for you to get the seat off. I still haven't seen my "tool kit" you need tools to open the cover where it alledgedly is.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I still haven't seen my "tool kit" you need tools to open the cover where it alledgedly is.
You don't need any tools to get to it. there are 3 little plastic rivets holding the cover on. all you have to do is push in the slot on the top of them and pull them off. To get them back on, you pull the slot out so it's above the rim of the rivet, put the rivet back in the hole and push in the slot so it's flush with the rim. Easy. No tools.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys - definitely no manual. Probably still at the dealer. I'll have a look for the tools today :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts