Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a Cobra Fuel Management Controller for my Fury but am unsure on which one.

The FI2000R or the FI2000R CA ARB.

I'm thinking it may be the CA ARB due to all the pollution gear but would like to be sure.

If there are any Aussies out there running one, I'd appreciate their input.

I'm running the RoadHouse exhaust with the O2 sensors and have just purchased an L & M adaptor with a Spike Intake.

Thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
i would say it depends on your smog policies there in Aussieland. The CA unit would be the most restrictive, as California has their heads up their asses when it comes to smog policies here in the states.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
i have used both. the carb edition doesnt allow adjustment, it automatically adjusts at full throttle. not a bad setup.

regular edition is more adjustments

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
i have used both. the carb edition doesnt allow adjustment, it automatically adjusts at full throttle. not a bad setup.

regular edition is more adjustments
IF the non CA can be adjusted to meet or exceed the CA version then i guess it would make sense to get the one you can tune yourself.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, much appreciated for all the info you have givin' me..

OK let's jump on eBay and make another purchase I say.... :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey Nuts, you are running the O2 sensors then you will need a Closed Loop controller. The FI200R is an Open loop controller. Not sure what it will do with the O2 sensors input. I know that Cobra make Closed Loop models but not for the Fury yet as far as I know.

This is an extract direct from Cobras web site:

What is the difference between the Fi2000, Fi2000R, Fi2000R-CL, and the Fi2000R-CL-50?

The difference between the Fi2000 and the other units is how it connects. The Fi2000 uses t-tap connectors that tie into the injector wires between the Engine Control Units (ECU) and the injector bodies, rather than OEM style connectors that connect directly with the injector bodies. Otherwise it functions the same as the Fi2000R.

The units designated CL are to be used with motorcycles equipped with oxygen sensors in the exhaust pipes. These units make use of the stock oxygen sensor technology to optimize the fuel mixture during cruise situations.

The Fi2000R-CL-50 is the model to be used by California buyers. It functions much like the other units but has no adjustments. This is mandated by the California Air Resources Board, the organization that determines the California emission standards.

The O2 sensors only work at IDLE and at CRUISING speed, in both conditions there is little or no throttle movement and the sensors attempt to lean the fuel air ratio to its optimum for pollution control.

I have removed the O2 sensors and use the FI2000R (1,2,2) with cobra swepts and an spike intake. Not sure if other manufacturers make CL models yet. Use the FI2000R and if problems with tuning exist just disconnect the O2 sensors and try it. The dash light will come on but it means nothing except that the sensors are disconnected. If you like it better this way add a 330 ohm resistor to each O2 sensor cable to fool the ECU and the light will go out.

Hope this helps.
Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking at getting a Cobra Fuel Management Controller for my Fury but am unsure on which one.

The FI2000R or the FI2000R CA ARB.

I'm thinking it may be the CA ARB due to all the pollution gear but would like to be sure.

If there are any Aussies out there running one, I'd appreciate their input.

I'm running the RoadHouse exhaust with the O2 sensors and have just purchased an L & M adaptor with a Spike Intake.

Thanks for your help. :)
Nuts351, just finished going down this path. Just fitted Cobra swept pipes, Cobra PowerFlo and Fi2000r (92-1633) to my Fury. As the swept pipes don't have fittings for the O2 sensors I opted not to get the CA type and have done the same as Fury Guy's last post, i.e. had resistors fitted to the original O2 sensor plugs by the local auto-electrian. All good.

The Fi2000r states the pots are pre-set for the bike with new exhaust (1-2-0). Anyone got any other settings that consider the PowerFlo air filter. Thanks. My first post anywhere.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I have the Cobra FC with Morton Inferno's and a spike intake and use 1-2-2, I think that most people that have that FC use that setting.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Nuts, you are running the O2 sensors then you will need a Closed Loop controller. The FI200R is an Open loop controller. Not sure what it will do with the O2 sensors input. I know that Cobra make Closed Loop models but not for the Fury yet as far as I know.

This is an extract direct from Cobras web site:

What is the difference between the Fi2000, Fi2000R, Fi2000R-CL, and the Fi2000R-CL-50?

The difference between the Fi2000 and the other units is how it connects. The Fi2000 uses t-tap connectors that tie into the injector wires between the Engine Control Units (ECU) and the injector bodies, rather than OEM style connectors that connect directly with the injector bodies. Otherwise it functions the same as the Fi2000R.

The units designated CL are to be used with motorcycles equipped with oxygen sensors in the exhaust pipes. These units make use of the stock oxygen sensor technology to optimize the fuel mixture during cruise situations.

The Fi2000R-CL-50 is the model to be used by California buyers. It functions much like the other units but has no adjustments. This is mandated by the California Air Resources Board, the organization that determines the California emission standards.

The O2 sensors only work at IDLE and at CRUISING speed, in both conditions there is little or no throttle movement and the sensors attempt to lean the fuel air ratio to its optimum for pollution control.

I have removed the O2 sensors and use the FI2000R (1,2,2) with cobra swepts and an spike intake. Not sure if other manufacturers make CL models yet. Use the FI2000R and if problems with tuning exist just disconnect the O2 sensors and try it. The dash light will come on but it means nothing except that the sensors are disconnected. If you like it better this way add a 330 ohm resistor to each O2 sensor cable to fool the ECU and the light will go out.

Hope this helps.
Guy
hi fury guy.

thanks for the info. i got the roadhouse exhaust with the O2 sensor bungs welded into them..

i have purchased the FI2000R and may have to run a resistor if i cant twek the settings on the controller.

thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts