Honda Fury Forums: banner

Which Jack Should I buy?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With Valentine ’s Day right around the corner I wanted to get my wife something she would really remember. Here are the 2 jacks I am looking at. Does anyone have either of these and if so, what’s your thoughts as to which one to buy.

A)

Description of Central Hydraulics 2792

Work safely and more comfortably when you use this ATV/motorcycle lift to raise your ride up to 16" above floor level. Locks at four different heights (4-1/2" to 16"), and the foot-activated pump leaves both hands free for positioning and stabilizing your ATV or motorcycle. When the job is finished, collapse the lift to just 4-1/2" high for easy storage.
  • 4 built-in positioning hooks for use with tie-downs
  • Two-hand wheel brake prevents lift movement
  • Return spring for automatic release
  • Extra-long handle for easy lifting
  • Heavy-duty all-steel construction
  • Two 2-1/2" diameter swivel casters
$89.99
OR
B)

Description of Central Hydraulics 94715

Quickly perform routine maintenance the easy way.
  • 1500 lb. maximum lift capacity
  • 4-1/2" minimum, 19" maximum height (with extensions)
  • Lightweight 46 lbs.
  • Extra wide base for stability
  • Rubber grip pads protect motorcycle frame
$169.99

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I am going to say A!
Why do you need that though Richard? You go to the dealer just to get air in your tire! :)

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While in the store today I had a few observations. The first one for $89 didn’t seem to be as high of quality. The lock would not fit into both sides as it should. This could be because it is a floor model and everyone’s been fooling with it. The one for $169 seemed to be better quality and also looks as if it will store better because it is a smaller design.

And yes mrbyber, I go to the dealer because that is the only place I can find genuine Honda Air.:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
If money isn't an obsticle I would go with number 2.
It appears to have a bit more functionality with the additional lifting plates on the platform.
But on the flip side I own the 1st one and it does just fine functionally.

And it's the thought that counts right? lol

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Heres my take...

How ofter do you plan on using it? Just from watching ( not stalking ) you over the past year you have your local dealership do most of your work for you. If your buying one just to use occasionally for small jobs like oil changes and what ever else you need to get the wheels off the ground for a while then A is more then enough.

I personally have A and it has helped out a lot. Currently JetBlu is in pieces down to the frame with just the engine. While sitting on my milk create i can get to any park above the bottom frame rail with out having to hunch over, and this is not even up all the way.

You will have to assemble the lift, and the instructions are vague at best. I ended up going off the picture on the box more then anything. You may have to tweak or torque the safety lock, but it does function. The only gripe i have has been mentioned, there is only one speed down ... quickly. I hold on to the handle bar while loweringto add stability.

You also will need to look into a pair of ratched straps. There are 2 loops on each side to hold the bike in place while raised. I have found that if you take the ratched end and loop it under and up over the bottom bar opposite of the T handle it doesnt get in the way when you try to ratched the straps tight. Once tight; and you crank the 2 holding pins down raising the back wheels, the whole thing is more then sturdy. Sturdy enough for me to pound the hell out of the bearing rests in the neck for the new trees.

On a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being the best i would give this jack a 9.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I forgot to mention, with the rear swivel wheels and the bike strapped in, you can wheel it around anywhere, very stable as long as you remember to raise the pins in the back.

And the T handle bar can easily be removed with a simple pin. Making it easier to work on that side of the bike.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I told Richard A for 2 reasons

1. its cheaper and will do the job just fine

2. he is only probably going to use it once and that is when Kurt lifts the bike for the ALS

so technically Richard won't even use it
:D:p:D:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
he could just save that money since he and Kurt are coming to Indy in 2 weeks, just bring his bike here and use my shop to do the ALS

·
Registered
377 Posts
Get her the second one. Once she realizes how useful it is, I am sure she will be using it for all sorts of chores around the house.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hey Richard i just borrowed on like A but it had fold out outriggers which i thought was a great idea. Just make sure you get one wide enough. My jack was just barely wide enough for the frame, but when wrestling with the bike, even with it strapped down, it would get a little crooked and hang over the jack lift points.

If i had to choose on of your 2 choices, i would def do with #B if its wide enough.

Yep, definetly number B.;)

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have "B" and use it for the dirt bikes as well as the 4 wheeler. Nice and light, cleans up easy and the extra set of lift extensions come in handy. Look online to get the 20 percent off coupons. I paid $139 plus tax.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That would be a good time, but a lot of driving, plus I always wanted my own jack.:)

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
That would be a good time, but a lot of driving, plus I always wanted my own jack.:)
WTF? all the driving I have already done? no biggy Richard, really, I would be happy to

1 - 20 of 55 Posts