Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OEM crapped out over winter. Purchased a new one and want to install it myself. The manual says you must remove the swingarm to do it. Seems a bit overkill to me. Anyone done this themselves and if so can you provide any helpful instructions. Looks like with a little wigglin it can come out on the up side. Thought I'd seek advise before starting the project.
Thx

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
you dont have to remove anything.... just the side cover and strap that holds battery in.

i havent put a new one in but i have taken mine out and put it back.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Just slides right out, 1 min install after that. No big deal.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Pull the swingarm?!?!?:confused: Must be their way of getting some labor $$ out of you!

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
first thing to do with destructions is file 13.slide battery out and in.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I just checked page 19.6 in the manual and no mention of removing the swing arm.

· Always turn the ignition switch OFF before removing the battery
· Remove the left side cover
· Disconnect the battery negative (-) cable first, then disconnect the battery positive (+) cable
· Remove the band and battery from the battery case.
· Install the battery in the reverse order of removal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
JATO, JATO, JATO

Pull the swingarm?!?!?:confused: Must be their way of getting some labor $$ out of you!
JATO, you must remove that picture for your icon, nice ass by the way, everytime I read a post that you have replied to and my wife is walking by, she's like, oooh, who is that, nice ass...And then it's game on, I cannot ever get through any thread that you have posted on because my wife gets frisky if she sees that pic, please, please, please, change it to something a little less tempting! I am not exaggerating. This is so I can finishing reading the thread without getting interrupted. I really hope that I am not the only one that this is happening to.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
That’s not the case here, my kids like it but I have to scroll past it quick when the wife is coming.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I just checked page 19.6 in the manual and no mention of removing the swing arm.

· Always turn the ignition switch OFF before removing the battery
· Remove the left side cover
· Disconnect the battery negative (-) cable first, then disconnect the battery positive (+) cable
· Remove the band and battery from the battery case.
· Install the battery in the reverse order of removal.
Fishman:

That is exactly what the manual says - what Richard posted.
Not sure what manual you have, but you may want to get the electronic version here:
http://www.furyforums.com/forum/hon...60-owners-manual-electronic-pdf-download.html

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
no to change the battery you must remove swingarm and install the Sumo-X swing arm, then remove the tripple trees and install the 8* trees. Then You should consider repainting the bike for any scratches occured, best bet is to contact painter and he can airbrush over where potential "scratches" may be.

Dang Im not even Married and I know how to play that game. Ohh since you have the battery cover off might as well install a FMU and since you would have that installed, pipes might aswell get put on.

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
no to change the battery you must remove swingarm and install the Sumo-X swing arm, then remove the tripple trees and install the 8* trees. Then You should consider repainting the bike for any scratches occured, best bet is to contact painter and he can airbrush over where potential "scratches" may be.

Dang Im not even Married and I know how to play that game. Ohh since you have the battery cover off might as well install a FMU and since you would have that installed, pipes might aswell get put on.
you are without any question 100% right.go for it.lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts