Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've lurking for a while so I may as well jump in and ask some questions. I have never been on a street bike before and neither has my wife. I'm 6' and 240 and she is (she will kill me) about 130. How will a Fury handle us? And most importantly, how comfortable will she be? I've been researching for a long time and these are my choices.

1. HD Road King, but the price is not realistic for me now.
2. Yamaha Road Star.
3. The Fury.

I like the clean lines and $ of the Fury the best. I expect that if she likes to ride at all, it will be fairly short rides on weekends and only a couple all day rides a year. The rest of the time just me after work. But I guess you really never know until you get started. I'm sure someone will come out with better seats that still look good, but would the Fury be the best choice? Thanks..

Oh yea, I have two two friends that bought Vucan 900's this year and already regret the size of the bike and the engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
IMO the Fury is not the bike you want if you are going to have a rider on the back very often... My girlfriend rides with me occasionally, and she tells me its not very cofortable. With that little seat, I can see why... I personally did not get mine with a rider in mind, so you might want to explore other options...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hey Mudslide, welcome to the forum.
I bought the Fury for me, and me alone. I have a VTX 1300 that my wife and I cruise on.
I can tell you my wife does not like to ride on the fury, the VTX spoiled her. I am about the same size as you, 6'4" 235 lbs. and the wife is also around 125 lbs.
The ride on the Fury is much stiffer, even with the suspension dialed way down.
I don't think the Fury was really meant to be a two up bike, let alone a distance cruiser.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm 6'1" 220 and GF is about 125#, and she didnt have any complaints on a drive thru town. With no sissy bar, just don't take off too quickly. and short rides are fine 2 up.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
I went on a long ride, 2 up, with my wife. After about 100 - 150 miles she said her ass felt like it was on fire because of the lack of padding. Needless to say, she will not be riding much anymore... which gives me an excuse to purchase the solo pad :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Took the misses on her first ride on the Fury, We rode some on My 82 Virago 920, that was cramped. this was her fist ride in a few years. It was about a 60 mile ride with a stop half way for dinner. I am 6'2 and she is 5'2, her comments at the end of the ride, need some kind of backrest and seat upgrade for padding that is a thin seat back there.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yep.. I'll echo the same thing that everyone else has... my wife HATES riding on it if we are going any type of distance... shooting around town she doesn't seem to mind. Shes maybe 115lb

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
After I put the sissy bar and pad on, the girlfriend is fine with riding on the back. I don't think she would be comfortable on a long ride, but she has been fine for around 60 mile trips.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Our combined weight is 340 :D That is amazing!

·
Registered
7 Posts
well all i know is yeah i hadn't rode a motorcycle for awhile, so yeah my butt hurt a lil for the first couple of times but im fine now, its like anything else you have to break ur butt in...just like a bicycle if you haven't rode one of those in awhile try riding and see if ur butt doesn't hurt...but ive said from day one this back seat is more comfortable then most..my brothers harley had a smaller backseat and it ws padded more than the fury but it was very uncomfortable but id say its cuz i didn't ride it much..so maybe you guys are just not letting them ride enough, but maybe thats the point,that way its to uncomfortable and they will quit ridin lol so you have the fury all to urself...who knows lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts