Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I used to when I had factory pegs. Now I'm a little more carefull since I have Road Burner exhaust and Kury pegs.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My left feeler is gone and I'm scraping well into the peg itself now. I've scraped the frame a few times as well...I'm on a stock height Fury also

·
Registered
111 Posts
Everyday...

My left feeler is gone and I'm scraping well into the peg itself now. I've scraped the frame a few times as well...I'm on a stock height Fury also
...I drive I scrape my Kury Flaming Switchblade pegs...part of the package!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I have scraped my stock pegs a few times but since switching exhaust to the Inferno's I scrape that before I scrap pegs, plus I switched to some Kury pegs and have yet to scrap those.

·
Registered
13 Posts
From day one I'm scratching my footpegs regulary on both sides. The first set of feelers lastet about 4 weeks, so, when replacing them, I took out the spacers an shortened the screws of the feelers, so they are about an inch shorter. Works well, but about every 2.5k miles even the shorter feelers have to be replaced. Two weeks ago, I scratched of an edge of the left footpeg itself, because the feeler was worn down to low. Very often in curves, I have to take the foot of the peg, to allow it to swing in a little bit ! But it's a lot of fun, to push the fury like this through the curves and many of the riders of the normal touring- and sportsbikes get big eyes when seeing a chopper go like this !

Greets

Docretro:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep I've scraped both my pegs on the first day I got the Fury as well. I was too used to my R6 and I still scrape a little here and there since I'm too used to being able to take hard turns. I don't think I'll ever get used to that scraping sound lol. Bottomed out and scraped the bottom of my frame today for the first time hitting a pothole and I almost cried haha!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
138 Posts
My bike is still stock and I feel like i lay it down quite far but I guess not cause I haven't scraped yet. The chicken strips on the edge of the back tire are about 3/8. Cant imagine getting farther than that.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I took off the trainers off my stock pegs and I'm still scraping. Too many miles on my RC51 I guess lolol I burned off all my chicken strips the first week. It does surprisingly well in the corners with such a small front tire. On and off ramps seem to be the worst place to drag pegs

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
390 Posts
I usually get a little warning by scraping the boot heel before the pegs begin to scrape. I also removed the feelers a long time ago.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Scrapin' pegs???!!!...You guys are badass!!!..If I'm down to scrapin' pegs, my elbows will hit the ground!!...Ive only been ridin since 2009 up till now, and also only on a scooter from 09 till last year when I got the Fury...I am almost 300 lbs also...You skinny guys can probably handle draggin pegs..And,...yeh...I kinda do look like the old lady on the bike!!...However.....I can do 100 mph and hit a hump in my road and my feet come off the pegs and my ass outta the seat...Can yall do that??

·
Registered
337 Posts
Also stock suspension and I scrape the pegs all the time. The first couple times it scared the crap out of me.

We have a lot of rotaries/round-abouts here and that is where It happens the most but I have done it several times pulling out of parking lots and what not as well. I took the "nipples" off to give that extra clearance and that helped from it happening so often at least :).

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Scrapin' pegs???!!!...You guys are badass!!!..If I'm down to scrapin' pegs, my elbows will hit the ground!!...Ive only been ridin since 2009 up till now, and also only on a scooter from 09 till last year when I got the Fury...I am almost 300 lbs also...You skinny guys can probably handle draggin pegs..And,...yeh...I kinda do look like the old lady on the bike!!...However.....I can do 100 mph and hit a hump in my road and my feet come off the pegs and my ass outta the seat...Can yall do that??
I can scrape pegs and bunny hop my bike. I think I have you beat :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've noticed that I'm scraping my cobra sweets before the feelers. I was going to ask if that was common, but I see that it is. Next we're going to need the knee pads. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
You followed me to the bar in Bayville

Finally,
What do you think.
The feelers were off on day 1.My cobras take the hits now.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts