Honda Fury Forums: banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Finally,
What do you think.
The feelers were off on day 1.My cobras take the hits now.
Just don'i know what to tell you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I feel weird if i go for a ride and don't scrape pegs my favorite is to see people's faces at night as they see sparks coming off the scraping

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pegs are easy scraped on the fury. I Changed them for some kuryakin spike pegs and now it's exhaust that touches. The frame touches aswell if it's bumpy.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Reactions: matt summers 42

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nv fury
Last year I traveled out your way alot for work. I borrowed the bosses sons intruder a few times and running up thru those mountains wow! Beautiful! I have been ridding 8 years and felt like it was day 1 when I got up there.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Damn! is that what those little pegs are for. All this time I thought they were curb feelers.lol

·
Registered
516 Posts
well.....I guess I'm gonna have to try it....oh crap...and Ive never dropped my bike yet except when I am standing still!....Oh yeh...whats a "Bunny hop" boop?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
whats a "Bunny hop" boop?
I only lift my air ride up about an inch when I ride, which makes for a pretty stiff ride. I was going around 80 mph on the interstate and hit a little bump in the road and my bike jumped about a foot off the ground.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Are you sure its your frame you are scraping? I dont think the frame will ever hit the ground with stock height. If you look at the bike and the way it leans, from 0 to 90, the frame will always miss the ground.
I weigh 185 and with my stock shock bottomed out, I cant get my frame to hit the ground by leaning it over in the garage so far it would fall over if I were riding.
I think you might be hitting your cobras and think its your frame.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I usually get a little warning by scraping the boot heel before the pegs begin to scrape. I also removed the feelers a long time ago.
I have scraped the feelers, but one time I did have my heel scrape so bad it yanked my foot clear off the peg. That kinda' freaked me out. Didn't even realize I was leaning over that far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, I'm glad I've stumbled upon this thread. I live in New Zealand and we have some pretty twisty roads. We also have some crappy road surfaces and I've noticed recently (the bunch of guys I ride with can be quite 'spirited') that, if I'm all the way over and scraping the pegs (both sides) and I hit a bump in the bend, the frame bottoms out. It's definitely the frame - the damage is clear to see. So I've made the stock suspension as firm as I can - other than slowing down or losing some weight (I weigh about 200), does anyone have any suggestions for a set-up that might alleviate that?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Ok, I'm glad I've stumbled upon this thread. I live in New Zealand and we have some pretty twisty roads. We also have some crappy road surfaces and I've noticed recently (the bunch of guys I ride with can be quite 'spirited') that, if I'm all the way over and scraping the pegs (both sides) and I hit a bump in the bend, the frame bottoms out. It's definitely the frame - the damage is clear to see. So I've made the stock suspension as firm as I can - other than slowing down or losing some weight (I weigh about 200), does anyone have any suggestions for a set-up that might alleviate that?
You'd have to change out springs for a heavier weight spring. But you're not that heavy @200 lb. If you go to a heavier spring it's going to be a harsh ride for you. I'm 190 lb and The feel seems just about right on the stock setup, when I had it. I scraped a couple times really leaning into it.

An air ride would allow a taller ride height. But I'm not sure that would solve the problem, especially if you get a dual chamber cylinder because to get the feel you want (rebound, sag setting) you need to fill the secondary cylinder which will drop the ride height down, or else it will bounce like a pogo stick.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for that - bouncing is definitely not something I fancy when I'm that far over on some of these roads. Hopefully something will come up.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Thanks for that - bouncing is definitely not something I fancy when I'm that far over on some of these roads. Hopefully something will come up.
I don't know what the numbers are, but you could easily see or check what the spring is. Count the number of coils, measure the inside diameter, measure the wire diameter, measure the overall length, count the number of turns in the coil. It would be easier done if someone had their own spring off the bike/shock but that would give you an idea of the "weight" of the spring and you can change a couple of those variables to get a heavier spring. But it would be a lot of research I would think to be able to get it right. Even if it solves one problem, it will make the ride less enjoyable.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog
41 - 60 of 67 Posts