Honda Fury Forums: banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

Registered
Sounds like a lot of work - surely those are 'known' figures for stock springs. Might just have to go firmer and suck it up.

Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
Scraped the the hell outta mine the first coupla' weeks, then I removed the "feelers". Now I only scrape now and then..............

Cheers
I replaced the"feelers" with button head screws. Easy to replace 馃憤

Reactions: Gizmo

Registered
Ok, I'm glad I've stumbled upon this thread. I live in New Zealand and we have some pretty twisty roads. We also have some crappy road surfaces and I've noticed recently (the bunch of guys I ride with can be quite 'spirited') that, if I'm all the way over and scraping the pegs (both sides) and I hit a bump in the bend, the frame bottoms out. It's definitely the frame - the damage is clear to see. So I've made the stock suspension as firm as I can - other than slowing down or losing some weight (I weigh about 200), does anyone have any suggestions for a set-up that might alleviate that?
Slowing down is the most obvious choice but you could try some fork extenders. They come in 1, 2 & 3" and if you don't use them with the replacement 6 deg trees they will raise the front up somewhat. Just be aware that adding the extenders without changing the trees will change the trail and this will effect the handling for the worse. Plus with the longer fork extenders you may need to use extended cables and brake line.

I rode a buddy's bike that had just 3" extenders and I could definitely tell the difference.

Registered
Also stock suspension and I scrape the pegs all the time. The first couple times it scared the crap out of me.

We have a lot of rotaries/round-abouts here and that is where It happens the most but I have done it several times pulling out of parking lots and what not as well. I took the "nipples" off to give that extra clearance and that helped from it happening so often at least :).
Oh, you mean the places the DOT made for Fury鈥檚 to make fire works. If you鈥檙e not grinding you ain鈥檛 dancing with your girl right... hahaha. Once I figured out where the touch down was I hit it every chance I get. I鈥檒l be lucky to get 2500 mi out of mine. I鈥檝e been impressed with how well the Fury handles for being nine feet long and low. My girl begs to get low and grind it out.

Registered
Sounds like a lot of work - surely those are 'known' figures for stock springs. Might just have to go firmer and suck it up.
They are known probably to the Honda engineers. Haven't seen any numbers printed on the spring like they do for dirtbikes and mtb. Would have to do the maths.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts