Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not trying to pee in the punch bowl or anything (I'm new around here after all), but as an observation looking at cruiser type bikes they almost all have skulls or skeleton type farkles. I've always been an odd ball that likes to do things different (like when I lived in Ohio I would root for the Michigan Wolverines when they played the Buckeyes just because my whole family would show up in Buckeyes clothing...). I didn't care who won, I just don't care to be a part of the 'herd'.

So for example, I can find radiator covers all day long with flames, skulls and things that represent death, but nothing with Virgin Mary. Wouldn't you want a virgin lady gracing your bike as opposed to a dead guy's skull? I'm not very religious or anything so I'm not necessarily in the market for a Virgin Mary radiator grill, but I can't recall ever seeing one on the hundreds of used bikes I've looked at recently. Do you think it's because nobody wants a Virgin Mary and there's no market for it or do people buy the skull stuff because that's all that is available because the edge-lords control product placement for the motorcycle industry?

· Registered
779 Posts
I'm not trying to pee in the punch bowl or anything (I'm new around here after all), but as an observation looking at cruiser type bikes they almost all have skulls or skeleton type farkles. I've always been an odd ball that likes to do things different (like when I lived in Ohio I would root for the Michigan Wolverines when they played the Buckeyes just because my whole family would show up in Buckeyes clothing...). I didn't care who won, I just don't care to be a part of the 'herd'.

So for example, I can find radiator covers all day long with flames, skulls and things that represent death, but nothing with Virgin Mary. Wouldn't you want a virgin lady gracing your bike as opposed to a dead guy's skull? I'm not very religious or anything so I'm not necessarily in the market for a Virgin Mary radiator grill, but I can't recall ever seeing one on the hundreds of used bikes I've looked at recently. Do you think it's because nobody wants a Virgin Mary and there's no market for it or do people buy the skull stuff because that's all that is available because the edge-lords control product placement for the motorcycle industry?
WOW! What an observation!

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude, there's a lot of Christian art out there.

True. However those are all paint jobs. And it doesn't necessarily have to be Christian - I just notice a common theme of flames, skulls and bones...and sometimes feathers. I'm not knocking it. My 'noticing' was directed more towards hard parts you can buy off the shelf.

· Registered
2,895 Posts
1. Do you have a Fury?
2. I went a different route with the reaper theme. Love it.
3. Why should you care what other people think? Build a badass bike how you like and F everyone else's thoughts if you like it.

You like Jesus and the virgin Mary, some people like skulls and crossbones.
Don't yuk on someone else's yum.

4. Dumb post. Not sure what pot you're trying to stir. Be a Christian. Be an atheist. Worship skulls. Worship mountains. Own it and move forward. No need to try and get people to take sides on taste. Love your fellow biker no matter whatever their taste in bikes is. We're all on the same team

· Registered
720 Posts

Not sure about the Virgin Mary thing.... how about a scantily clad busty type figure ???

· Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
There does seem to be a lot of parts with skulls and flames so I guess people like them and buy them. It's not to my taste but then a lot of bikers don't like chrome and I do. When it comes to custom paint I like everything from a good metal flake candy job to an airbrush masterpiece.

GF_Fury has an awesome sissy bar with a cross. GF stands for God First. Nice guy, I rode with him through NV a few years ago.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1. Do you have a Fury?
2. I went a different route with the reaper theme. Love it.
3. Why should you care what other people think? Build a badass bike how you like and F everyone else's thoughts if you like it.

You like Jesus and the virgin Mary, some people like skulls and crossbones.
Don't yuk on someone else's yum.

4. Dumb post. Not sure what pot you're trying to stir. Be a Christian. Be an atheist. Worship skulls. Worship mountains. Own it and move forward. No need to try and get people to take sides on taste. Love your fellow biker no matter whatever their taste in bikes is. We're all on the same team
1. I don't have a Fury...yet. I'm looking for a 2010 silver, or either a matte black or white one.
2. That's awesome. I like the green.
3. My original post wasn't about caring what other people think but more of an observation of what I've noticed when looking at used bikes.

No, never said I liked Virgin Mary - was just thinking what the polar opposite of skull and bones would be; so to get people thinking I listed an example of a human figure that would be the extreme opposite.

4. Confucius say man who stand on pan is high on pot. No need to take my observation personal - it wasn't directed at you or anyone with skulls on their bike. You do you.

Personally, I would prefer to have an M240B as the only accessory on my bike. Maybe a scabbard with a shotgun mounted to the front fork. A holster tucked under the tank with a 1911 perhaps - there's plenty of room.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
I feel you on that. I just wanted some different mirrors. Unless you get the compact square ones, everything is skulls, flames, knives, etc. I thought I ordered some basic black mirrors and they ended up being scythes 😅 All the chrome drives me crazy too.
I got some really nice mirrors from Arlen Ness. All smooth chrome, I think they are from the big eye range as they are large enough to work. Oh I love chrome and I chrome everything I can. LOL

· Registered
2,895 Posts
1. I don't have a Fury...yet. I'm looking for a 2010 silver, or either a matte black or white one.
2. That's awesome. I like the green.
3. My original post wasn't about caring what other people think but more of an observation of what I've noticed when looking at used bikes.

No, never said I liked Virgin Mary - was just thinking what the polar opposite of skull and bones would be; so to get people thinking I listed an example of a human figure that would be the extreme opposite.

4. Confucius say man who stand on pan is high on pot. No need to take my observation personal - it wasn't directed at you or anyone with skulls on their bike. You do you.

Personally, I would prefer to have an M240B as the only accessory on my bike. Maybe a scabbard with a shotgun mounted to the front fork. A holster tucked under the tank with a 1911 perhaps - there's plenty of room.

View attachment 245117
Now THIS is something that I can get on board with....!

· Registered
458 Posts
I love chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, all day long. I have skulls on my levers and I actually found a skull tool bag, I don’t particularly like it, I do it more just for fun just because I’m a tiny girl on a big bike.
I don’t care if what I like is also on 1 million bikes, I’ll do it because I like it, and I never cared what anybody else thought.
although you did just give me an idea on how I’m gonna fit my AR on my Fury. I was trying to figure out a way to strap it on my sissy bar, but I like that idea better because then I can just shoot the assholes in front of me.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is a way of expressing respect towards the other motorcyclist. It's our way of saying, “Hello! Keep the rubber side down, keep both wheels on the ground”. It signifies that the rider is wishing the fellow rider to stay safe and ride safe
Thanks, I wouldn't have guessed that to be a reason. So it's kind of like a reminder to ride responsibly or you'll end up looking like skull and bones

Font Darkness Brand Magenta Graphics

· Premium Member
1,104 Posts
no, too many skeletons in the closet
Not enough on the bike though? 🤣

j/k

I hear ya on the mainstream commonality of certain 'themes' amongst parts... It's probably because it caters to the Hardly crowd where everyone's black Hardly is 'unique' because they all put the same accessories and flame/bones/skull parts on them... The only difference is the brightness of their LEDs and that's simply due to whatever battery they chose, and the state of their failing electronics systems. It's also a case of companies mass-producing only the parts that they believe will sell in volume. Market study/research probably shows that all the doctors, lawyers and accountants that want to look 'badass' on their identical unique Hardly's will all buy the 'scary' looking accessories.

Being different takes work, so the truly custom stuff out there will likely all be one-offs, not mass produced and therefor will inherently be unique. We've got several talented members here that make great custom parts. I'd bet you could find someone that could make up a shotty scabbard for the front forks.. :) Hell, I wouldn't mind having one myself for the days when riding with just a sidearm ain't enough ;)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts