Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

· Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I love chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, all day long. I have skulls on my levers and I actually found a skull tool bag, I don’t particularly like it, I do it more just for fun just because I’m a tiny girl on a big bike.
I don’t care if what I like is also on 1 million bikes, I’ll do it because I like it, and I never cared what anybody else thought.
although you did just give me an idea on how I’m gonna fit my AR on my Fury. I was trying to figure out a way to strap it on my sissy bar, but I like that idea better because then I can just shoot the assholes in front of me.
This is how you properly fit an AR on your Fury..

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car Vehicle

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not enough on the bike though? 🤣
finally somebody got my pun

I'm more of a 'keep it stock' and de-badge it kind of guy. I used to race motocross and wouldn't even put stickers on my bike unless a shop or brand would give at least a little discount on product. Basically, if you aren't paying me, I'm not repping your product. Maybe I'll apply for a sponsorship to Ed Hardy so I can have a reason to put a skull on my bike. Ol' Eddie-boy should have named his brand Ed Harley - the fad might have lasted longer.
Outerwear Product Human body Neck Sleeve

· Registered
710 Posts
I love chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, all day long. I have skulls on my levers and I actually found a skull tool bag, I don’t particularly like it, I do it more just for fun just because I’m a tiny girl on a big bike.
I don’t care if what I like is also on 1 million bikes, I’ll do it because I like it, and I never cared what anybody else thought.
although you did just give me an idea on how I’m gonna fit my AR on my Fury. I was trying to figure out a way to strap it on my sissy bar, but I like that idea better because then I can just shoot the assholes in front of me.
Paws ...
Ur only tiny in "stature" 🦾

· Registered
41 Posts
I'm not trying to pee in the punch bowl or anything (I'm new around here after all), but as an observation looking at cruiser type bikes they almost all have skulls or skeleton type farkles. I've always been an odd ball that likes to do things different (like when I lived in Ohio I would root for the Michigan Wolverines when they played the Buckeyes just because my whole family would show up in Buckeyes clothing...). I didn't care who won, I just don't care to be a part of the 'herd'.

So for example, I can find radiator covers all day long with flames, skulls and things that represent death, but nothing with Virgin Mary. Wouldn't you want a virgin lady gracing your bike as opposed to a dead guy's skull? I'm not very religious or anything so I'm not necessarily in the market for a Virgin Mary radiator grill, but I can't recall ever seeing one on the hundreds of used bikes I've looked at recently. Do you think it's because nobody wants a Virgin Mary and there's no market for it or do people buy the skull stuff because that's all that is available because the edge-lords control product placement for the motorcycle industry?
Because we cheat death every time we ride? 🤷‍♂️

· Premium Member
494 Posts
I'm not trying to pee in the punch bowl or anything (I'm new around here after all), but as an observation looking at cruiser type bikes they almost all have skulls or skeleton type farkles. I've always been an odd ball that likes to do things different (like when I lived in Ohio I would root for the Michigan Wolverines when they played the Buckeyes just because my whole family would show up in Buckeyes clothing...). I didn't care who won, I just don't care to be a part of the 'herd'.

So for example, I can find radiator covers all day long with flames, skulls and things that represent death, but nothing with Virgin Mary. Wouldn't you want a virgin lady gracing your bike as opposed to a dead guy's skull? I'm not very religious or anything so I'm not necessarily in the market for a Virgin Mary radiator grill, but I can't recall ever seeing one on the hundreds of used bikes I've looked at recently. Do you think it's because nobody wants a Virgin Mary and there's no market for it or do people buy the skull stuff because that's all that is available because the edge-lords control product placement for the motorcycle industry?
i disagree...your opening salvo was stirring the shit...

Reactions: Gizmo

· Administrator
4,343 Posts
Well, if we were all the same this place wouldn't be nearly as fun...

In general, skulls initially represented the brevity of life, with the understanding to cherish every minute. Admittedly, life on a bike is a lot rougher than settling down in a house and raising a family.

Over time the "skull" idea became popular with "dirty bikers," who are often "followers" more than they are "leaders," and they copied what other bikers had done. Note I'm not saying this is either bad, good, or somewhere in the middle, there are reasons things are what they are.

Eventually this spread to "Sunday riders," who completely overdo things in an effort to stand out from society as someone who's unique. Some people look down upon them as "posers," and in large part they are. They also bring a lot of money to motorcycling and the aftermarket parts industry, and that keeps us in parts, so God Bless Them.

Note this is my personal take on things, yours might be different--I'm totally okay with that.

---
Welcome to the forum @ninerip, the Fury is quite a remarkable bike. There are members here that will make whatever type of radiator cover you want, and/or other parts, no problem. It seems you have a thicker skin, so you should fit in well here.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Because we cheat death every time we ride? 🤷‍♂️
my first thought when reading your comment was sky divers

i disagree...your opening salvo was stirring the shit...
wanting to understand why skulls and bones are on a lot of bikes is roughly the same as asking why a lot of Porsches are parked at the country club - when a Honda Civic does the same thing. A friend of mine worked at a MC dealership (imports only) and said the employees would always joke about how the Harley guys would essentially wear their costumes to go ride (in the city bar hopping). I'm going to be the edgy one and wear a sport coat and tie ;)

Welcome to the forum @ninerip, the Fury is quite a remarkable bike. There are members here that will make whatever type of radiator cover you want, and/or other parts, no problem. It seems you have a thicker skin, so you should fit in well here.
Thanks Hedgehog, yeah it's nearly impossible to offend me.

· Registered
2012 FURY
54 Posts

I personally think this particular waste of space was ludicrous. I don't know why you are even writing about something concerning any bike, WHEN YOU SAY YOU DON"T EVEN OWN ONE!!! Let everyone do as they wish with their ride. If you ever get one, do as you wish, and keep it to yourself. You said you didn't want to stir the pot, but I think that is exactly what you wanted. Just go away and let us do as we wish. IMO

Keep the SHINY side up.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I personally think this particular waste of space was ludicrous. I don't know why you are even writing about something concerning any bike, WHEN YOU SAY YOU DON"T EVEN OWN ONE!!! Let everyone do as they wish with their ride. If you ever get one, do as you wish, and keep it to yourself. You said you didn't want to stir the pot, but I think that is exactly what you wanted. Just go away and let us do as we wish. IMO
I'm actively looking to buy a Fury. I'm not saying I like or dislike anything, not telling anyone what to do or mentioning any specific bike. I like some skull and bones accessories and paint jobs, but I just noticed those type of accessories were way more common than anything else and decided to ask the most important question - why? Your comment is like if you went to a gay bar and asked why there were so many gay people there and just for asking you got called a homophobe.

· Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Dude u got the boys all worked up🤣
No kidding! I'm not even sure I understand why.... I thought the original question/statement/comment was pretty legit and accurate. There ARE alot of skull/bones themed parts in the aftermarket.

Guess I'll grab some popcorn and sit back and watch!

Nose Gesture Happy Black hair Art

· Registered
7 Posts
I'm actively looking to buy a Fury. I'm not saying I like or dislike anything, not telling anyone what to do or mentioning any specific bike. I like some skull and bones accessories and paint jobs, but I just noticed those type of accessories were way more common than anything else and decided to ask the most important question - why? Your comment is like if you went to a gay bar and asked why there were so many gay people there and just for asking you got called a homophobe.
I still stand by a response I gave ealier... it's a stir the pot question.... however, to be fair I wouild not be in a gay bar to even ask that question... I have enough sense to know who the bar caters to and not be there. The skulll and cross bones that you refer to comes from the origin of bikers which was during the end of WWII... clubs such as the hells angles were made up of veterans whom served and faced death during their service... those who ride have used those symbols to represent what they went through and to convey to others the "don't mess with me" atttitude... it's a sort of "I served my time for you.. leave me alone now"... and it has stuck for those who ride... it's a "i live how I want" thing... you can easily look this all up for yourself... I hope this explanation helps..

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I still stand by a response I gave ealier... it's a stir the pot question.... however, to be fair I wouild not be in a gay bar to even ask that question... I have enough sense to know who the bar caters to and not be there. The skulll and cross bones that you refer to comes from the origin of bikers which was during the end of WWII... clubs such as the hells angles were made up of veterans whom served and faced death during their service... those who ride have used those symbols to represent what they went through and to convey to others the "don't mess with me" atttitude... it's a sort of "I served my time for you.. leave me alone now"... and it has stuck for those who ride... it's a "i live how I want" thing... you can easily look this all up for yourself... I hope this explanation helps..
alright thanks! See, some of you all thought I was shitposting and now we have all learned something because I asked WHY

· Registered
710 Posts
No kidding! I'm not even sure I understand why.... I thought the original question/statement/comment was pretty legit and accurate. There ARE alot of skull/bones themed parts in the aftermarket.

Guess I'll grab some popcorn and sit back and watch!

View attachment 245144
I'm going to grab a virgin and some highly buttered popcorn and sit back now !!!

21 - 40 of 77 Posts