Honda Fury Forums: banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Geeze, Now he's wanting to bash the Gays too? What's wrong with this guy? Can't he leave anything go?
LOL. So sensitive. Nice strawman argument btw. How about this: It's like if I went to a spider museum and asked why there were so many spiders then got called an arachnophobe just for asking.

SNAKE BIT: OMG, the poor spiders! How dare you!

Let's back off from the Newbie and see where he settles
No need, I can handle it and hope everybody is having fun at this point. :cool: I'll wait to get a Fury before starting another thread. I was going to start a 'post pics of other Hondas in your stable' but figured I'm not part of the 'club' yet. I have a minty 95 XR600R

· Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I was going to start a 'post pics of other Hondas in your stable' but figured I'm not part of the 'club' yet. I have a minty 95 XR600R
Only other 'honda' in my stable is an old '09 TSX that the son is driving now that he's in college...

But once upon a time I did ride an '04 GSXR 600 I do miss that bike...

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Only other 'honda' in my stable is an old '09 TSX that the son is driving now that he's in college...

But once upon a time I did ride an '04 GSXR 600 I do miss that bike...
Nice, I like the TSX. Every so often I look for a clean circa 03' to come up for sale. My only other Honda besides my XR is a pressure washer :D

· Registered
2 Posts
When I was 14 and saw Wild Angels, I was changed in the opening with Peter Fonda barely stopping his chopper to avoid hitting a kid and the camera pans to supercool Peter lighting a cigarette and looking cool. Then the opening music starts. I wanted a chopper and to be Peter Fonda. I bought my 2019 Fury after a 20 years on a Blackbird. Harley people never waved at me. I avoided them too, and didn’t like their chains and bravado. Then I saw this Fury and it told me back to age 14 and wanting to be cool. The Fury makes me cool, in my mind. I love it, only riding it 8 miles now, it’s cold in NE. I’m taking it out today in the heat wave of 47 degrees. Putting crap on my bike would be like putting asinine tattoos on your body. I am cool with paint and artistic endeavors, but skulls and crap are annoying to me.

· Registered
13,060 Posts
LOL. So sensitive. Nice strawman argument btw. How about this: It's like if I went to a spider museum and asked why there were so many spiders then got called an arachnophobe just for asking.

SNAKE BIT: OMG, the poor spiders! How dare you!
Hey man, you can bash f.a.g.s all you want, but don't you talk no shit on spiders!

I have skull foot pegs, but later found some even better spider foot pegs. Never got 'em though, but wished I did.

· Super Moderator
6,681 Posts
Hey man, you can bash f.a.g.s all you want, but don't you talk no shit on spiders!

I have skull foot pegs, but later found some even better spider foot pegs. Never got 'em though, but wished I did.
A spider would be different and a welcome change from skulls and flames. Not that I like spiders, quite the opposite actually.

· Registered
13,060 Posts
A spider would be different and a welcome change from skulls and flames. Not that I like spiders, quite the opposite actually.
I like spiders because they eat bugs that I don't want in my house. One day, I actually watched a spider stalking a flying insect on my kitchen window. He moved so slowly until the final moment when he ran so fast I couldn't even see him until he was on the bug eating him.

As long as they're not venomous, like brown recluse spiders, I don't mind having spiders in my house. The only time I'll put them outside is if I find one crawling on me.

· Super Moderator
6,681 Posts
I like spiders because they eat bugs that I don't want in my house. One day, I actually watched a spider stalking a flying insect on my kitchen window. He moved so slowly until the final moment when he ran so fast I couldn't even see him until he was on the bug eating him.

As long as they're not venomous, like brown recluse spiders, I don't mind having spiders in my house. The only time I'll put them outside is if I find one crawling on me.
good spiders are welcome in my house. I dont think we have any venomouse spiders in ct but I know the wood spider can make you sick but they run first.
We have some of the most if not the most dangerous spiders in Oz. We have the Red Back and the Funnel Web. Get bitten by those and you are done for. There are more Red Backs around than Funnel Webs and they love to hide in your letter box, ready to bite you as you reach in for your mail. Funnel Webs like to hide in holes in your garden, yuk I hate spiders. I got bitten by one when I was 4 years old and it is not an experience I care to repeat. Obviously is was not one of the really bad ones as I'm still here some 60 years later. I see a spider and I kill it (unless it is a Huntsman or a Daddy Long Legs). Huntsman spiders are big and can reach up to 6" across but usually only come in the house after a lot of rain, those I catch and put back out in the garden.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I can't believe you're all still here stirring the pot...just a bunch of Honda Rebels you all are.

I had a family of daddy long legs living in my bathroom once. Someone told me they're the most poisonous spider except they don't have fangs big enough to cause any harm. I don't spray insecticide around my house and I have some fat geckos running around. I just wish they'd sh*t outside instead of on the garage shelves. If the geckos get overwhelmed with ants I use borax mixed with a little honey to get the workers to take the borax back to the queen.

· Registered
449 Posts
Damn Mac! that’s nasty, I don’t know if I’d ever go outside if I had spiders like that, we have some pretty amazing looking spiders but they’re pretty harmless,

I did hear the daddy long leg is pretty poisonous but the problem with them is their legs are so long they can’t reach down, actually there was a show that did an experiment, MythBusters, and he put his arm in a box of daddy long legs and got bit so many times but nothing happened.

· Registered
13,060 Posts
We have some of the most if not the most dangerous spiders in Oz. We have the Red Back and the Funnel Web. Get bitten by those and you are done for. There are more Red Backs around than Funnel Webs and they love to hide in your letter box, ready to bite you as you reach in for your mail. Funnel Webs like to hide in holes in your garden, yuk I hate spiders. I got bitten by one when I was 4 years old and it is not an experience I care to repeat. Obviously is was not one of the really bad ones as I'm still here some 60 years later. I see a spider and I kill it (unless it is a Huntsman or a Daddy Long Legs). Huntsman spiders are big and can reach up to 6" across but usually only come in the house after a lot of rain, those I catch and put back out in the garden.
I've heard that just about everything in Australia wants to kill you.

The only bad spiders I know about around here are the Brown Recluse which rots a big hole in your flesh if it bites you and the Black Widow. I don't know how bad a Black Widow bite can hurt you, but I heard that the ones we have here rarely cause any serious illness, let alone death.

The only snakes I know about around here to avoid are the Rattlesnakes and Copperheads, oh and the Water Moccasins also called Cottonmouths.

· Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I have some fat geckos running around. I just wish they'd sh*t outside instead of on the garage shelves.
Same problem here, except they crap on the walls in my garage... Frustrating and disgusting. With they'd learn to use the toilet and flush afterwards.. ;)

Including the gubbmit!

· Registered
2011 Fury
1,287 Posts
Australia is full of critters that wanna kill u!

In cold ass Pennsylvania we have brown recluse and the eastern rattler to worry about I’ve heard there are some water moccasins around but never seen nor heard of anyone getting bit. My oldest got bit by a brown recluse that was hiding in his shoe and almost lost his toe, really bad infection. Generally the rattlers stick to the remote mountain areas, I’ve been told that they’re getting so used to encountering humans a lot of them won’t rattle and that’s starting to cause some close calls… on another note the damn wolf spiders by me are insanely large and creepy. They say they’re but won’t kill but it causes a bad infection if not treated quick enough.

my marine who lives in North Carolina has black widows everywhere. He says yes they’re poisonous but usually if you’re bit and get medical attention fast you’re good.

· Super Moderator
6,681 Posts
Damn Mac! that’s nasty, I don’t know if I’d ever go outside if I had spiders like that, we have some pretty amazing looking spiders but they’re pretty harmless,

I did hear the daddy long leg is pretty poisonous but the problem with them is their legs are so long they can’t reach down, actually there was a show that did an experiment, MythBusters, and he put his arm in a box of daddy long legs and got bit so many times but nothing happened.

The only bad spiders I know about around here are the Brown Recluse which rots a big hole in your flesh if it bites you and the Black Widow. I don't know how bad a Black Widow bite can hurt you, but I heard that the ones we have here rarely cause any serious illness, let alone death.

The only snakes I know about around here to avoid are the Rattlesnakes and Copperheads, oh and the Water Moccasins also called Cottonmouths.
Australia is full of critters that wanna kill u!

In cold ass Pennsylvania we have brown recluse and the eastern rattler to worry about I’ve heard there are some water moccasins around but never seen nor heard of anyone getting bit. My oldest got bit by a brown recluse that was hiding in his shoe and almost lost his toe, really bad infection. Generally the rattlers stick to the remote mountain areas, I’ve been told that they’re getting so used to encountering humans a lot of them won’t rattle and that’s starting to cause some close calls… on another note the damn wolf spiders by me are insanely large and creepy. They say they’re but won’t kill but it causes a bad infection if not treated quick enough.

my marine who lives in North Carolina has black widows everywhere. He says yes they’re poisonous but usually if you’re bit and get medical attention fast you’re good.
Yeah that's right just about everything is out to get you. Of course we have the most dangerous snake in the world as well, the brown snake. They are nasty and they are everywhere. It's not unusual to find one in your back yard. I've only seen one in when I was a kid in my parents back yard but they are around. I have not found any snakes in my backyard yet but when I work in the yard I always check there are no spiders or snakes before I start working on the garden. We have a lot of Kookaburras in our area including two who fly on to my back deck waiting for us to feed them. I like that, so I feed them, not on my deck because they will poop all over it but down in the garden. Kookaburras are the natural predator to snakes so the more Kookaburras I have around the less chance I have of finding a snake in my backyard. How they kill the snakes is they swoop down and pick the snake up with their beak, then fly up high and drop the snake. They repeat this until the snake is dead.

The water is not always safe either with the sharks and salt water crocks up north. Then there is the bush fires and droughts.......... We are the safest country on earth.... ;)

· Super Moderator
6,681 Posts
Same problem here, except they crap on the walls in my garage... Frustrating and disgusting. With they'd learn to use the toilet and flush afterwards.. ;)

Including the gubbmit!
At least you know where you stand with the spiders, snakes, sharks and crocks but the government kill you slowly by taxing you to death.

· Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Yeah that's right just about everything is out to get you.

The water is not always safe either with the sharks and salt water crocks up north. We are the safest country on earth.... ;)
You forgot to mention that jellyfish that is so small it gets inside wetsuits... and can cause cardiac arrest within 30 minutes of a single sting...

41 - 60 of 77 Posts