Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this should apply to all of us here....most of us have bought the fury.

Did you buy it because it felt good riding it? Because of it's looks? Because of it's price? Because of it's platform for modding? Any or all of the above?

Because of it's handlebars?;) Or,Because you liked it as is, you wouldn't change a thing?

Why'd you buy it???????????

Why'd you change it after you bought it? and "to make it my own" is too general.

Anyone?

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
I bought it mostly because of it's looks. Everyone knows it's an attractive, eye catching bike. It definitely was not because of price, because IMO all bikes, no matter what brand are way overpriced.

I've never been the type of person to buy a vehicle and modify it. After getting on this forum and seeing all the mods that everyone had done, how could I not start changing it? I think the exhaust is a must on any bike. Stock exhaust sucks....much like stock seats.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought it for the Chopper look and was ready to upgrade anyway. I had a 750 shadow spirit and when I saw the Fury, I had to have it. Best purchase ever!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well im 24 and was hit on my 2008 Yamaha R1 just about a year ago. My injuries healed but my bikes did not. Although the entire family disagreed, i wanted back on a bike. When i told my soon to be wife i was buying another yamaha she didnt say no. Her eyes watered up and she just looked at me. Immediatly i thought i couldnt do that to her. I still wanted a bike though. Just looking at me youd know im NOT a harley guy. So i started looking at metric cruisers. The yamahas were nice but just not my style. I was futzin around on the net one night and i saw this fury thing. Right away " ha like i can afford that" but i was just attracted to it. Well summer came and was just about gone and not once did i bring up the bike topic.

I went to my local honda suzuki dealer to get some oil for my suzuki atv and there was this fury thing. I had to look. Turned the price tag around and "get the fu*k outta here" slipped outta my mouth. OOPS!! that got the salemans attention.

Well i forgot the oil and brought home a brochure. 13 days later i was drivin it home in the pouring rain. I love it. The future ms loves it. And its not a HD. The best part is i cant keep my lady off of it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Great Story, Suvette...I'm a "little" older than you. 64 to be exact. Over seven years ago I was airlifted to Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. I was involved a very serious crash of my Yamaha Roadstar. (Accident not my fault). They pretty much "re-attached" my right leg, so I still walk with a slight limp. I said "I'm done riding forever." Well, I started looking (not very aggressively) at the Raider. I liked it a lot. Lotsa' power, nice "chopper" look, etc., etc. Then I walked into a Honda showroom a few weeks ago and saw an "airbrushed" "modified" Fury. The salesman musta' read my mind. He started the engine in the showroom and I was "hooked" Nice Fuggin' pipes, no baffles, and so forth. I went back the next day and bought it. I have over a thousand miles on it now, and DO NOT have buyers remorse. I have many, many mods planned for the scooter. Already have the Raw Design front and back LED's and turn signals. Vertical license plate is on......Can't wait to get it lowered a couple of inches though. Ride Safe my Fury Friends.......Merry Christmas to one and all.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Was actually car shopping when I bought the Fury. Went to a couple Honda Car dealerships and was looking at the Honda Insight. It was right before the cash for clunkers bill was official, so I decided to hold off until the bill was in order.

Anyways, that made me start looking around and my friend talked me into going to the HD dealer to look at bikes there. Never really been into Harley's, but always wanted a bike since I was 17... 32 now... Anyways, saw some of those bike and liked the V-rod and a couple of other bikes there, but since I was shopping around, wanted to hit up the Honda dealer to see what was there anyways.

Walked into the store and conveniently placed was the Silver Fury right at the front door... Couldn't take my eyes off of it, and me and my buddy looked at each other and both were like... that's a Honda?.. So, I looked around the rest of the store, but kept working my way back over to the Fury... Decided to sit on it and instantly knew that it was the bike for me... 7,000 miles later and a few mods in the book, still love the bike. Wouldn't trade it for any other bike out there...

·
Registered
48 Posts
44 years old here.
Had a Triumph last year...had NOTHING but issues with it....first year it was in the shop for more than 2 months...blown up airbox, igniter replaced 2 different times...BROKEN throttle cable....bleh

Have always loved Choppers....but have never had the 30K+ to get one.

Then the Fury came out... a bike from Honda. I knew it would be bulletproof, especially with the 1300 engine they have been using for years.

Good pricepoint.

INCREDIBLE looks.

Will run forever.

This is the reliable chopper I have been waiting for.

DK

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can sadly enough say I dont have mine yet...and probably wont till mid to late next year because trying to be responsible and pay off some credit card debt first, lol. I can honestly say though, I thought the bike looked horrible in every picture I initially saw of it. I went to the dealership to actually look at a Roadstar and they had 2 in there, flat silver and blue fury....it caught my eye immediately. Sat on it and I was hooked. The most important thing for me is that I am a power lifter and have big thighs, other bikes gave me issues with the tank hitting my thighs to much and this bike fit just right, haha.

·
Registered
886 Posts
well, i met a girl on the internet who wanted to go for a ride on my rocket. i went to pick her up and she was too fat to get on it. she decided i needed a new bike that she'd be able to ride and since she had just gotten a nice insurance settlement check, she liked the new fury so she paid for it. in cash. then she paid off my rocket that i hadn't even made a payment on yet. she ran out of money pretty quickly but not before she paid for a set of fuggin mayhems, new riding gear for me, and a ton of other stuff. then she disappeared and doesn't even talk to me anymore. as for the bikes, they're both titled in my name so i still have them. Lucky me.

·
Registered
886 Posts
ryguy

YOU ARE THE MAN.......!!!!!!!! Like you stated......Lucky you..........
I dunno about that but in the 3 months that i knew her, she spent about $25K on me. I guess I was in the right place at the right time for once in my life...

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
Chopper look, Honda reliabilty. I spotted it on a Honda website last December and waited in anticipation of it's spring release. Called dealer every week for 2 month's just to see it in person. After sitting on it the day it arrived at local dealer I was sold. Glad I bought the Fury because the older I get (48 and counting), the younger it makes me feel and as the tv commercial says that's priceless!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
OK, this should apply to all of us here....most of us have bought the fury.

Did you buy it because it felt good riding it? Because of it's looks? Because of it's price? Because of it's platform for modding? Any or all of the above?

Because of it's handlebars?;) Or,Because you liked it as is, you wouldn't change a thing?

Why'd you buy it???????????

Why'd you change it after you bought it? and "to make it my own" is too general.

Anyone?
I needed a cool-lookin', non-Harley bar bike! End of story.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
13,740 Posts
ryguyoo.i wouldnt give a crap how fat she was. now to answer the question.all of the above and any other reason you can think to buy it.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
It was mid last November . Was looking for a used chopper in papers and internet while dreading the high prices . Kept popping up the Honda chopper . After couple weeks of noticing got more detail and more attracted to it, yes the looks and blue one . End of Dec inquired my locall Honda dealer and told them I want one sight unseen Price unknown . Mid January found out MSRP 12,999 . They would not except deposit but will do there best to get me one . Mid March they called , was down there in 30 min , got off truck and preped , paperwork and sign, done deal . Walked out and found numerous customers of the dealer drulling over it . 45 minutes later I had to leave and UNLEASH THE FURY almost a year ago

·
Registered
92 Posts
55 Years old here. Crashed my V65 Magna over 15 years ago and this was my first bike since then.

Bought it for the following reasons in the order presented.

Looks and styling
Price
Honda reliablity

Or as I tell my Harley riding friends.

American styling and Japanese reliability. :):)

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
55 Years old here. Crashed my V65 Magna over 15 years ago and this was my first bike since then.
V65? That's funny, because the V65 Magna was also my last bike about 14 or 15 years ago. There's quite a bit of difference between the V65 and the Fury, isn't there. However, I didn't get rid of my V65 when I crashed it. I just bought a new handle bar, foot peg and maybe a blinker and a mirror and rode it until it started to crap out on me. I believe the previous owner rode the shit out of it and even a Honda engine won't run perfect forever under severe abuse. So, I sold it and was without a bike for 14 years. That sure did suck. Isn't the Fury a hell of a bike to ride after being without all that time? 42 years old by the way. Glad I didn't wait until I was 55! LOL Just kiddin' man.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've always rode Honda.I like to ride not wrench, so HD and costoms are out of the question for me!! My last new honda was 94' Shadow 1100(still ride it) I bought still in the crate in 95'. That years new model was the Shadow ACE and everthing after had that fat retro look to it that does not appeal to me. The minute I saw the Fury I told the wife " I just found my next Honda".

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.