Honda Fury Forums: banner

Why we ride..??

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Sea Dawg 
#1 · (Edited)
I myself have rode dirt bikes my whole life, When i was in my teens i owned several street bikes but over the course of a few years i saw 4 friends die on bikes (Other drivers fault but they were still dead) so i sold my bikes and stuck to off-road now at 50 i just wanted to ride again :) The FURY made that happen and i really am enjoying myself. The Phoenix horror reminded me we all just need to be careful, Fate is a scary thing ! But be happy at what we have in the present because the future is always in sombody elses hands...............

#2 ·
You sound like me. I started out on dirtbikes and occasionally raced if i had enough money for that year for having the bike tweaked and entry fees. Had my first street bike (Kawi KLR250) when i was 15. I love riding off road and trail riding to relax, but our trails down here are very limited now so im kind of stuck on the street. I just try my best to avoid possible problem situations. I have taken my bike downtown to the bars, but leave by 1am since they close at 5 and have very few drinks (heavy drinking nights on the bike are 2-3 total for a few hours there) Tonight i had just soda and since i have to work in the morning left earlier than normal. I also try to avoid High traffic times for riding (I try avoiding 8am-930am, and 430pm-530pm unless it is just side streets). I guess you can say that i have some fear of the street but try approaching it as laid back as i can to reduce risk and have more cushion to see possible problems.

#3 ·
Placed this comment on another post but it's what I feel whenever I hear of these tragic mishaps...
For me there is nothing better than a winding road with the wind in my face and God's matchless creation spread out for my enjoyment. There have been many who have questioned my sanity as to why I continue to be involved in such a supposedly dangerous activity but it is the riding that brings the sanity to my realistic world. Next to my freedom in Jesus riding is as good as it get's. Only we who ride can understand and appreciate each other.

#5 · (Edited)
I love being on the back of these two wheeled freedom machines. Flying down the road in the open air is just so much more enjoyable then being couped up in a truck or car. It always reminds me of the Old West when their only mode of travel was on horseback. The sun and the wind on my face, the sound of the engine roaring down the road, seeing other guys on bikes and givin' each other "the wave".:D I sometimes look at the bike and think, "Wow, that little machine carried me all the way there and back?" :D Yes, there's always the danger, but that's why we need to be careful and watch out as best we can. That's why I try to take vacation days off to take my long rides. Not as many people on the road because they're all at work. Riding bikes is just something I've loved since I was a kid and I will never get tired of it.;):cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.