Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why in the hell hasn't anyone came out with brackets to adapt vtx1300c exhausts to fit the fury? I know they're not that hard to fabricate and some of us have the luxury of have things on hand to do such. BUT for those who don't want to jump on the "chopper" band wagon and maybe just want a set of big straights or whatever, has it never occured to any of these companies that maybe that's all some of us want? I just can't seem to understand since there are probably more than 50 different exhaust options for the vtx1300c, why somebody isn't stamping these out day and night. Just something that was burning on my mind and I thought I'd vent it off.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Why in the hell hasn't anyone came out with brackets to adapt vtx1300c exhausts to fit the fury? I just can't seem to understand since there are probably more than 50 different exhaust options for the vtx1300c, why somebody isn't stamping these out day and night. Just something that was burning on my mind and I thought I'd vent it off.
This also begs the question as to why the VTX aftermarket pipe manufacturers aren't stamping out brackets for the Fury. It would seem an inexpensive market expansion for their existing product. So I phoned a few of them.

The short answer is that although most if not all pipes fit with modified brackets there are variances in some of the clearances and unless thorough testing is done by each manufacturer there could be product liability issues.

R&D takes time, product (a Fury for testing) and prioritizing other brands with new product. One mfg also suggested a desire to develop a distinctive "chopper" style suited to the Fury rather than using their existing cruiser pipes.

It seems our passion is not the only game in town :( !

·
Registered
158 Posts
My guess: There's no money in it right now because there aren't enough Fury's out there. In the 3 months that I've had mine, I've only seen one other Fury on the road so far..

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Trust me when I say, if I can do it anyone can. It cost me $15 at welding/fab shop. I printed pics from exhaust issue solved post, took them to shop, picked up bracket a couple days later, took it home and drilled holes myself, painted and presto pipes fit like a glove. I would have bought one if possible, I am just glad I did not let this stop me. Fury pics 002.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts