Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if Sumo-X was the only company that makes a wide tire kit. I have heard many good things about them and the company. I was planning on ordering one but was wondering if there was anything else to compare it to. I know that some people have widened the rim for the back tire. I thought Raw Designs was coming out with a wide tire kit. Any help or information would be helpful.

2010 Silver Honda Fury:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Some one else said they were going to come out with a 300 but it would cost a fortune.
Can't remember who it was either.
Sumo is it for now.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Raw. 300 kit...they said it's be between 5 and 6k
Rumor has it that you would need to off set the trans and motor to accommodate a 300. If that is the case your talkin at least another grand for install. I would also think this would change ride ability in a negative way.
JMO. Would love to see it though.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
A 300 may look awsome but every custom builder will tell you it has a extreme negative effect on handling, really bad at low speed

·
Banned
622 Posts
there is a company in hernando ms that is making a 280/300 kit.... i was talking to them back in august about giving them my bike to use but there contract seemed real fishy so i passed ..... the made a adapter to run a belt and according to temple they counter weighted his bike so it still balanced right but he has it there alot tweeking and fixing the issues it has ,,,, he did away with the 90/90 and runs 120/90 in the front so that he hits curves decent anything over 40 does ok but he said round down town batesville were its 35 it a [email protected]#$ ...... he isnt happy with it so he is cutting down there swing arm and is gonna run a 250 and the only money he is gonna lose is for a new rear wheel.... i dig the wire wheels on a fury he has 120 spoke straight laced instead of cross laced and it looks sweet.......300 to wide tho..... it makes the tank look like a tooth pick from the back... im trying to get him to send me a picture for u all but is contract states that noone can its breach untill they unveil the kit

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
JMO, but having to move the major parts of a bike just to get a fatter tire on it--not cost effective for the end result.
by the time you pay $5-8k for just the frame mod and tire + the cost of the basic Fury--Plus, maybe move the tranny, engine, you have a 55hp Fury with a fat tire and crappy handling.

maybe build a bike from scratch--or from a kit--or buy a used custom?

Like I said, JMO.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
WTF now how did he do that

Just an FYI but I ran accross this in the VTX cafe. the have some VTX 1300's and VTX 1800's running 300 tires :eek: and according to the guy in post #12 he is running and I quote "No chain conversion. No transmission mods. My 300 driveline is as stock as yours is or any vtx off the showroom floor.
Its magic!" the bike looks stock from the picture

here is the page.
Question 300 Tire - Honda VTX forums for Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 motorcycles

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I thought Raw Designs was coming out with a wide tire kit. Any help or information would be helpful.

2010 Silver Honda Fury:
RAW are still in the designing phases, so hopefully everybody will have a second option here soon for the wide tire kit...

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
This is not a Fury.
NO it is NOT a fury. but the VTX 1300 and the VTX1300CA (FURY) share alot of the same drive line components. just thought it might work on ours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts