Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done the wide rim & wide tire mod yet and how close to the $800 mark did you come ???

And could somebody post a side by side PICTURE of the stock tire/rim compared to the wide tire/rim mod.

I have watched the video of the L&M mod but havent seen it done yet....

Rusty Webb
Memphfica

"knees & Knuckles 2 the wind Bro"

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Redspawn is having his wheel widened as I post, and I think he is putting a 240 on. 240 on stock rim just does not look good. Bulges sidewall, Miss matched. IMO

·
Registered
806 Posts
Redspawn is having his wheel widened as I post, and I think he is putting a 240 on, I think the L&M video was a 240 on stock rim? I could be wrong. 240 on stock rim just does not look good. Miss matched. IMO
Agreed, it "squeezes" the tire and narrows it down to the appearence of a 220 or so. Not that much wider than the stock tire.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Redspawn is having his wheel widened as I post, and I think he is putting a 240 on, I think the L&M video was a 240 on stock rim? I could be wrong. 240 on stock rim just does not look good. Bulges sidewall, Miss matched. IMO
Actually L&M's video is of one on a widened rim. The tell how much it was widened and the cost, I cant wait to see some pictures.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While LURKING in the forums I did find this pic of a side by side pic of the Sumo-X 250 tire setup and a stock tire setup..But I can't see myself doing the Sumo-X 250, thats why I would like to see the 7" wide rim with the 240 tire side by side with the stock setup..

** Note sure who's bike these belong to but they are sweet **

·
Registered
182 Posts
im digging the 250 kit, but the front end needs more rack, and longer forks. L&M has the raked tripels with fork extenders. IM looking at going with all new forks and trees, and going maybe 4 - 5" over forks. IM going for that long low chopper look. and want the 250 to be stuffed under the fender with out rubbing. but make it tight. like it was forced to fit, i found a front end with new forks, and trees but thats 5K right there. so im going to first do the budget way with L&M setup. and then take it from there. but that blue bike in the middle looks good.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Ya thats Richard1's bike and MyFuryRide next to it. On a side note why does Rich's look so much lower than the blue one next to it?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Actually L&M's video is of one on a widened rim. The tell how much it was widened and the cost, I cant wait to see some pictures.
Big John, it is amazing what one remembers, this was posted 10/3/2009, and with that the mind gets confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low and Mean
The stock Fury Wheel is 7" wide, we are taking it to about 8" this will give us just over a 1/2" on ea side for the 240 tire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts