Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

excuse me, if this kind of topic is not first on this forum, I could not find one...

My fury is on stock 18 inch rim with 210/35 tire and stock rear fender. In my opinion it is too small..

Could you be so kind to advice me, without any modification what size of tire can I use maximum to avoid any touches with frame, fender and shaft?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply

It seems, If I`ll buy 240/40 size tire, I will be enable to use it on stock rim? I understand, than because of rim in son wide enough it will go in height and will not be seen as 240, but anyway will be much nice, than on 210/35

·
Premium Member
13,713 Posts
The 240/40/18 will give you more rubber on the ground. It is a little wider at the sides. You will have to deflate it to mount it back on the bike and inflate to 38 lbs after mounted. Leave it at 38 so the center of the tire doesn't wear out to fast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 240/40/18 will give you more rubber on the ground. It is a little wider at the sides. You will have to deflate it to mount it back on the bike and inflate to 38 lbs after mounted. Leave it at 38 so the center of the tire doesn't wear out to fast.
Thanks for advice!! For me important is to fill free area between fender and rim. Currently rim with 210/35 in rear fender is looks like a small mouse in big whole >:)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Thanks for advice!! For me important is to fill free area between fender and rim. Currently rim with 210/35 in rear fender is looks like a small mouse in big whole >:)
Mounting a wider tyre will not help you in filling that void. I am running a 240 and it still had the "dirtbike"look.
To really take care of that you can either lower the rear suspension or lower the rear subframe that holds up the fender.
My choice was for the latter as it keeps ride height, ground clearance and driveshaft angles stock.

Pic 1 stock fender, with 240 tyre. Pic 2 is where I cut the fender frame. Pic 3 is how it looks finished, 1 5/8" drop of the rear of the fender.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mounting a wider tyre will not help you in filling that void. I am running a 240 and it still had the "dirtbike"look.
To really take care of that you can either lower the rear suspension or lower the rear subframe that holds up the fender.
My choice was for the latter as it keeps ride height, ground clearance and driveshaft angles stock.

Pic 1 stock fender, with 240 tyre. Pic 2 is where I cut the fender frame. Pic 3 is how it looks finished, 1 5/8" drop of the rear of the fender.
well, I want to keep passengers seat, therefore will not be able to make such changes on frame. I think just 240/40 will be enough for my bike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for some advice.. I placed a 240 tyre on my stock 2014 fury rim this morning. There was absolutely no difference in width when compared to a stock 200 tyre on a stock rim. (I could compare them as there was a 2017 fury right next to mine to measure against.
The only discernible difference was the 240 was bulged out in the center, probably due to the tyre walls being pulled in to sit behind the stock rims.
It was a dunlop 240. DO you have any suggestions AV8R?

·
Premium Member
13,713 Posts
Looking for some advice.. I placed a 240 tyre on my stock 2014 fury rim this morning. There was absolutely no difference in width when compared to a stock 200 tyre on a stock rim. (I could compare them as there was a 2017 fury right next to mine to measure against.
The only discernible difference was the 240 was bulged out in the center, probably due to the tyre walls being pulled in to sit behind the stock rims.
It was a dunlop 240. DO you have any suggestions AV8R?
The 240 is 15 mm wider than the 200 on a stock rim. It also put more rubber on the ground because you only run 36/38 lbs of air in it. Pic below is 240 on stock rim.:moto3:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts