Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I'm new to the forum, just recently purchased my Fury. I work in Iraq so I haven't even had a chance to ride it yet. lol

Anywho, a friend of mine just got his stock rim widened for his Harley Night Rod, and recommended these guys. He said they widened his rim to hold a 300 tire. Stock the rim held a 180. He said it ran approx 850 to have it done.

So it sounds to me like this is a viable alternative to the sumo kit, if you have your own rim widened, buy the widened swing arm, etc.. You may be able to do it a little cheaper. Has anyone here used these guys before?

Kosman Online - Special Services: Wheel Weldup

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hello All, I'm new to the forum, just recently purchased my Fury. I work in Iraq so I haven't even had a chance to ride it yet. lol

Anywho, a friend of mine just got his stock rim widened for his Harley Night Rod, and recommended these guys. He said they widened his rim to hold a 300 tire. Stock the rim held a 180. He said it ran approx 850 to have it done.

So it sounds to me like this is a viable alternative to the sumo kit, if you have your own rim widened, buy the widened swing arm, etc.. You may be able to do it a little cheaper. Has anyone here used these guys before?

Kosman Online - Special Services: Wheel Weldup
At the end of the day you ain't saving that much $$$. A new RC or SumoX wheel runs ~$1200 polished. Having your stock wheel widen and repainted or polished will run you $600-$800. You can sell your stock wheel for about $200. So your looking at saving about $200-400 and your rear wheel still has the stock design on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Yea, I just caught that thread off the FAQ from Captainfester that discussed the rim widening piece. I guess I'll be saving for a little while for the Sumo kit. Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man. Yea, I'll just have to keep saving up. I've been a sport bike guy up till this point. I still have my R6S, but once I saw the Fury I had to have one! lol I'm just a little surprised at how expensive some of the upgrades are running. Not that customizing a sport bike is cheap by any means, but it seems like most of the upgrades for cruisers in general are a little more? Maybe since the Fury is a new line, and low production numbers when compared with something that's been around a while. Anywho. Thanks for the info. I'm still adding it to my list of future mods... :)

·
Registered
497 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
FYI, Night Rod runs a 240 RW, not 180.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I see you bought the baddest color. It looks good wide tire kit or not just being blood red or boudreaux red what ever you call it. Don't let these other people tell you any different. Welcome to the house of horrors.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
:p
I see you bought the baddest color. It looks good wide tire kit or not just being blood red or boudreaux red what ever you call it. Don't let these other people tell you any different. Welcome to the house of horrors.
I am telling you different! This is the best color! But atleast yours isn't blue!:rolleyes:

Thanks man. Yea, I'll just have to keep saving up. I've been a sport bike guy up till this point. I still have my R6S, but once I saw the Fury I had to have one! lol I'm just a little surprised at how expensive some of the upgrades are running. Not that customizing a sport bike is cheap by any means, but it seems like most of the upgrades for cruisers in general are a little more? Maybe since the Fury is a new line, and low production numbers when compared with something that's been around a while. Anywho. Thanks for the info. I'm still adding it to my list of future mods... :)
Yep! The vendors love to shove it right up our ass with cost! Especially mine!:p

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
LOLOLOL By you ever thought about wiping that dull thing down with some baby oil to give it a little luster. Keep it off that good looking fiber look though. Nope no baby blue here:p Pure blood red.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts