Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looked at a black 1 @ Hollywood Honda (Los Angeles). It's an xclnt platform to start a build w/ a phenomenal feel to it.....however believe it's way overpriced for what it is. It's $ 14,900 here for a bike w/ bout 10 major 'plastic parts' maybe 11 parts if u had n the rear fender.

when the bike makes it way down to 9 - 11 K, and the after market vendors develop pipes, chrome wheels, a metal rear fender, and actual chromed metal parts to replace the plastic 1's...that's probably when I'll purchase one. Buy it for bout 10K ish ..throw in another.....4-6 K ish in after market stuff - and I'll b good to go for the 'look' i desire for the local (100 -200 mile) rides and of course bar hopping.

btw, was a former HD guy (20 plus yrs)..until I got sick of their bs customer service. Purchased a 1800 X. Long hauls to Zion, Grnd Cyn are stellar. Best bike i've ever owned. do not c myself ever going bac to HD per se.. Probably the Fury or a perhaps a used Raider for bout 10 or 11 ish (then chrome the chit out of it - lol). Then again, a decent used Thunder Mountain 'chopper' r down to 19 K ish. Probably a lot lower given the economy.

keep up the work on this forum. Looking forward to seeing what people do with the bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looked at a black 1 @ Hollywood Honda (Los Angeles). It's an xclnt platform to start a build w/ a phenomenal feel to it.....however believe it's way overpriced for what it is. It's $ 14,900 here for a bike w/ bout 10 major 'plastic parts' maybe 11 parts if u had n the rear fender.

when the bike makes it way down to 9 - 11 K, and the after market vendors develop pipes, chrome wheels, a metal rear fender, and actual chromed metal parts to replace the plastic 1's...that's probably when I'll purchase one. Buy it for bout 10K ish ..throw in another.....4-6 K ish in after market stuff - and I'll b good to go for the 'look' i desire for the local (100 -200 mile) rides and of course bar hopping.

btw, was a former HD guy (20 plus yrs)..until I got sick of their bs customer service. Purchased a 1800 X. Long hauls to Zion, Grnd Cyn are stellar. Best bike i've ever owned. do not c myself ever going bac to HD per se.. Probably the Fury or a perhaps a used Raider for bout 10 or 11 ish (then chrome the chit out of it - lol). Then again, a decent used Thunder Mountain 'chopper' r down to 19 K ish. Probably a lot lower given the economy.

keep up the work on this forum. Looking forward to seeing what people do with the bike.

Hey, you say that the fury cost is to high because of some plastic parts. The 1800 your riding has plastic in it and it is almost as pricey. I don't think that you should judge the fury solely based on that. Plastic saves weight, money and is cheaper to replace than metal. As far as the rear fender have you ever seen a twisted plastic fender? Way to many metal fender can not handle the weight of a huge woman on the back. lol I'm glad to hear that you don't ride a harley, they are over priced and under built. nothing like going to the dealer and dropping 20g on a new antique.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey, you say that the fury cost is to high because of some plastic parts. The 1800 your riding has plastic in it and it is almost as pricey. I don't think that you should judge the fury solely based on that. Plastic saves weight, money and is cheaper to replace than metal. As far as the rear fender have you ever seen a twisted plastic fender? Way to many metal fender can not handle the weight of a huge woman on the back. lol I'm glad to hear that you don't ride a harley, they are over priced and under built. nothing like going to the dealer and dropping 20g on a new antique.
The 1800 has an abundance mor pwr /torque, and the X I purchased was still sittin' on the showroom a yr after the dealer recieved it. At the "OTD" dealer, the bike was 11.5 'OTD'. W/ 20 % off of all the assories (including chrome). Which corrected the X's plastic that u and I agree on.

Yes plastic is lighter, cheaper, however the Fury deserved mucho chrome and metal. Believe Honda's out to make a huge profit quick....like most corps, cuz if u think bout it, the Fury shouldn't cost much more than the VTX 1300.

Ok, Honda added FI (Star's 1300 has FI and their bike is bout the same cost). Frame cost Honda...what? Maybe 300 hundred? The rims and tires are nothing special. So this bike is 5 K more? If Honda would have put bout 2K (their wholesale cost) in the bike w/ chromed Rims, metal fender, and the engine chromed.....now that would b an awesome bike @ 14.5 K.

Great for some local runs on the wknd (100-200 miles) thru the canyons or up to Santa Barbara or SLO...not sure if it could handle wknd trip to Grnd Cyn.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
LOL. been ridin' for 25 some odd years. Put 23K on the X n a little over 2 yrs just puttin' around the country. And ur riding experience is??
10 years or so since I owned a bike.... but that has nothing to do with Drinking and Driving now does it? To each their own I guess *shrugs*

And as far as Miles per year... I was putting 30-50k a year on my bikes when I was a young buck, and that was all local [in state] riding. But then again all I had was a bike.... I did not ride to be "cool" on the weekends, or only when the sun was out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10 years or so since I owned a bike.... but that has nothing to do with Drinking and Driving now does it? To each their own I guess *shrugs*

And as far as Miles per year... I was putting 30-50k a year on my bikes when I was a young buck, and that was all local [in state] riding. But then again all I had was a bike.... I did not ride to be "cool" on the weekends, or only when the sun was out.
U beat me. Uncle, uncle. getting old now. Mostly like riding when it sunny out. 300, 400, 500 miles a day...just as long as it's sunny out. Though I don't miss the days of 'lane' sharing going up the 405 when it's bumper to bumper traffic. However, coming back from Santa Barbara on a sunday is still bout an hr of 'lane sharing'.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Big Red All the Way

I can tell you I'm leaving the sport bike scene and moving to the cruiser scene:D I am 30, so I not old, but I promised the wife I would slow down:eek:
This animal appeals to me! It is a young and fresh bike. I looked at the vrod, but the ergonomics are not right, poor quality, and wayyy over priced.:confused:

I started riding at 9 yrs old on a Honda trail bike! Honda all the wat baby!

Ride like you stole it!:D

·
Registered
466 Posts
I know what you mean about the plastic. I had to quit buying new cars in the 70's because of the plastic bumpers and sh!t.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts