1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well i looked at the picture and if you install that bracket it would stick out. You need the bracket to be on the oppisite side so the curve on the license plate would go over the drive axle.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Impressive!, except it's set-up to mount on the right side; you need one that mounts on the left side. I guess you could drill some new screw-holes, and that would move it over................

Cheers
Easier just to mount it upside down (brake light on the bottom) and flip the bracket (though you'll see the wire channel as it will be on top). Your biggest issue is that the mount is way too thick, the axle is not long enough. You'll have to machine it down a bit.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
.....Your biggest issue is that the mount is way too thick, the axle is not long enough. You'll have to machine it down a bit........
Which will, probably, weaken it too much and it will vibrate too much and, eventually, crack and fall off. Need some provision for the Axle Cinch-Bolt to stiffen the whole thing.............

Cheers

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Easier just to mount it upside down (brake light on the bottom) and flip the bracket (though you'll see the wire channel as it will be on top). Your biggest issue is that the mount is way too thick, the axle is not long enough. You'll have to machine it down a bit.
I was going to mount it upside down but like you said the mount is way too thick. Has anybody seen something with bright light?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Personally the last thing I want to do is blind the driver behind me so they get destracted and run into me. Accutonix has a plate holder with a very similar design for the fury.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just want them to see that I am braking. Accutonix are alot of money.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Check eBay. You can get the normal mount for $99 and the one with the brake light for not much more.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Find one for a LSD harley/chopper and you could probably build a bracket coming off the axel bolt to accomidate it. Either that or get a shanes and that style tail light and build a bracket to mount that style light

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your bike looks good. Still working working on mine. It's coming along.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts