Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sky Blue Fury
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings !

I just bought my Fury today and had to ride home on the highway for a bit with a HalfHelmet.
Other than a full face helmet, what can I do to reduce wind noise ?

Thanks !

Copey

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wind noise will damage your hearing fast. I love my music, and so I value my hearing. A full face helmet will help, but not enough to keep the wind noise at bay. I think a lot of guys wear ear plugs. I put my ear buds in under my full face even if I’m not listening to anything. It helps a lot, and it’s comfortable. Hope this helps. Congratulations on the new Fury. It’s a proven scientific fact she will ride faster and smoother if you remove those stock reflectors. Do a search here to find out who to send them to once they’re off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really like my custom earplugs. They have a filter that lets certain sounds through so wind and exhaust noise are seriously cut, but when stopped I can carry on a conversation without removing my helmet.

They are pricey but totally worth it. And once they are fitted properly, very comfortable.

No matter your windshield and helmet situation, some hearing protection is imperative.

·
Registered
2016 Sky Blue Fury
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys !

Hey, I just read in owners manual that there is a different sub-model for carrying a passenger........
DAMN.....

The dealer just let me buy a passenger seat n pegs....

And now I see the weight limit for this thing is 240 lbs.

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PHYSICAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A passenger Fury and a regular Fury ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I can't tell you the exact year this started happening, but the Fury used to only sell as 1 model which came with the passenger seat and pegs included (my 2011 model had it). Then somewhere along the line they switched and made those 2 things "add ons" probably to get a bit more money.

As far as passenger seats go, you should have checked on the forum first, a lot of people have leftover OEM passenger seats when they switch up their saddle for 2-up riding. The OEM one is really only good for looks, not comfort. I'm almost 90% sure I have an extra OEM passenger seat.

The OEM passenger pegs are a bit harder to come by from forum members. More people are usually looking for them than selling them.

Back to the original question...the difference. As far as I know, the only difference between the "Fury" and "Fury Passenger" would be the seat and foot pegs. I don't know what else they could change. If they list a different max weight for the passenger version, the only thing I could think they would change would be the spring weight (Ie in theory you'd want a heavier spring rate so you wouldn't have to crank up the compression knob). The way most of us running the OEM rear shock, when riding with someone, would increase the compression. If you had a heavier spring rate, you wouldn't need to crank it up as much, but solo riding might not be as comfortable. There's a trade off.

The only thing you could do to verify the differences would be
  1. Talk to your dealer
  2. Look up the shock spring weight between models
Unfortunately I don't think you can do the latter because the rear shock comes as an assembly and I'm not sure they have a part # or description of the spring only:

They may list different part numbers for the entire shock assembly between the two models, if they in fact change it for the "passenger" sub-model, which I wasn't even aware they had one.

·
Registered
2016 Sky Blue Fury
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"ride faster and smoother if you remove those stock reflectors...."

That's some funny chit right there !!!!......I was wondering about those......

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I thought it was for model year 2019 that they started selling them without the passenger seat and pegs. I agree with Krash, I find it hard to imagine there be any differences. For a bike that they have spent very little on marketing or updates, creating tow models with actual differences would involve two different frame structures/strengths, and two different shocks/springs. I don't really know of any way to verify the frame, but a look at part #s associated with the rear suspension would show either differences, or a lack of differences.

Personally I am voting just a way to get income on the parts department books...

·
Registered
2016 Sky Blue Fury
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Krash !
Good info..... I appreciate it.....

Green Reaper looks freakin sweet........

·
Registered
2016 Sky Blue Fury
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought it was for model year 2019 that they started selling them without the passenger seat and pegs. I agree with Krash, I find it hard to imagine there be any differences. For a bike that they have spent very little on marketing or updates, creating tow models with actual differences would involve two different frame structures/strengths, and two different shocks/springs. I don't really know of any way to verify the frame, but a look at part #s associated with the rear suspension would show either differences, or a lack of differences.

Personally I am voting just a way to get income on the parts department books...

Thanks Biker.....
That makes sense....

My girlfriend is only a buck ten fortunately, so I won't have to worry too much.

·
Registered
2016 Sky Blue Fury
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is a recent thread

Thanks Will...... I was hoping there was a windscreen that didn't take away too much from the Fury'z good looks....

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Thanks Krash !
Good info..... I appreciate it.....

Green Reaper looks freakin sweet........
No worries, and thanks!

Thanks Biker.....
That makes sense....

My girlfriend is only a buck ten fortunately, so I won't have to worry too much.
There shouldn't be any frame changes between 1-up and 2-up. Frames are heavily overbuilt with large safety factors baked in, all verified with ANSYS programs

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thanks Will...... I was hoping there was a windscreen that didn't take away too much from the Fury'z good looks....
Im currently making one from an old aluminum sign. It looks great so far and cuts the wind just enough. Still gotta add my polycarbonate clear deflector though before finishing it. Currently attached with clecos but very secure. Got 3 hours riding in the temporary state.

20200509_173912.jpg 20200507_160150.jpg 20200507_160202.jpg

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
ALSO -- Krash.... same shock for all 4 models above! Weight diffs must be some Govt boolchit.....
Yeah I figured as much with the shock, since they sell it as an assy (Ie spring, damper, compression knob and upper bracket) Not sure how they can get away with claiming different weight capacities unless they put a different spring on there which is rated higher. It would make that whole assy then a different part number (per the engineering world I live in). Makes me wonder if it's all the same though, since more weight is out the back with 2 up, it can handle "X" load with riders in 2 positions on the bike (spread out mass), but if they sell a bike with 1 seat it can handle "Y" load in that one single position.

I would assume if you get a seat for 2 up and ride with a passenger, the load rating just becomes "X" because of where the mass is on the bike in relation to other parts. Who knows though. My engineering sense and common sense tell me they would HAVE to change the spring rate to claim that. But what do I know.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Thanks Biker.....
That makes sense....

My 2019 Hold 2 riders no problem. Got almost 6,000. Miles on it. 5/8 of that is with my wife on. You are gonna love your bike.

·
Registered
188 Posts
ok I am 6'3 and 230 lbs and my girl is 5' 105 lbs i have a 2010 came with the passenger seat and pegs. i ride everyday I have no problem riding 2-up we(she and I both did it for a year it was the only vehicle we had after the hurricane). the bike is fine 2-up I have only bottomed out on the bike once pulling in a driveway. and i had my ECU Guhl'd so zero problem with power. im gonna coin that frase unless someone else has used Guhl'd...lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts