Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what windshield this is and if a small shield will keep a lot of the highway air off of you?.
I know, the pic is not a Fury...
content://com.amazon.cloud9.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1607357752127-242585317.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone know what windshield this is and if a small shield will keep a lot of the highway air off of you?.
I know, the pic is not a Fury...
content://com.amazon.cloud9.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1607357752127-242585317.jpg
In case the pic won't work, go to this link, pull down to the red Sabre and see the windshield. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,373 Posts
Well, no, a small windshield will not keep "a lot" of air off you, and might make matters worse by directing it at your head. Given the headlight blocks a "noticeable" amount of air, as does the speedo cluster (if you remove them and hit the interstate, you'll know this to be true...), a small deflector will make a difference.

The deflector you mention is similar to the popular Honda Fury Boulevard Windscreen, though it is admittedly small with the purpose of trying to maintain the styling of a stretched "factory chopper." An alternative option is to get Memphis Shades quick release system and bend your own scratch-resistant Lexan. (If you don't get the much-more-expensive scratch-resistant stuff it will scratch very easily.) (Quick-release installation notes.) @NDM made one out of a sign (with a slight recurve.).

I'd read this thread on wind deflectors first.And this other thread, which references the Slip Streamer SS-34-DSVQB "Phantom".

Note that a lower deflector can be made to be more effective with a reverse-curve (spoiler) at the top to "flip" air "up and over" the driver, though heavy bugs will still smack you in the face.

8° trees add a bit of a challenge, but it's doable.

(@Night Fury's bike, 8° trees, underglow lights that are awesome)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts