Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, I dont think I ever would imagined riding this bike in such strong winds coming out of the south blowing North/west and getting pounded while riding the Fury. I love my Bike, But the dense humid air combined with a 22-27 mph winds gusting to 30 was scary. It almost felt like I was being tipped over , I had to cross a few bridges close to the ocean as I traveled up towards Cedar point and morehead city nc, and at 1st I was in left lane , that changed real quick, I moved as close to the right side as possible. I did have a death grip on my bars. The winds didnt start til I was about 40 minutes into my ride, but I did make it home safe, on my way back, a guy in a large dodge ram came up along side of me in the left lane to block the wind as I crossed, I didnt ask, was almost like he knew I was gonna get beat for about a 1/2 mile. Overall the bike handled fine as long as I stayed at 55 or lower. :eek: Oh and this trip was my 1st long trip with new Cobra air flo,,seemed to do fine.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I know how you feel. It's really windy here alot of the time. When the wind blows across my bike, it feels like the back tire is floating out from under me.

Sounds like you got lucky with that truck, bridges are dangerous. Always check the bridge for a wind sock.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
yup. had the same thing happen to me in December during the worst winter in ages--heavy winds on I-95.
two sport bikes passed me and, on a straight-away, were leaning LEFT.
well, if that's what they looked like, then that's what I must have looked like.
I got off that highway and headed for A1A and rode the coastal highway for the rest of my trip.
it was still cold, but, I wasn't fighting the winds--man were my arms and shoulders whupped!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The wind here in Oklahoma is always bad out of the south (because Kansas sucks and Texas blows :p) so I know how you feel. The bike is a little loose but heavy enough that you can still get through it. Now imagine those same winds on a sub 400 lb. sportbike, that gets a little wild.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wind here in Oklahoma is always bad out of the south (because Kansas sucks and Texas blows :p) so I know how you feel. The bike is a little loose but heavy enough that you can still get through it. Now imagine those same winds on a sub 400 lb. sportbike, that gets a little wild.
lol no thanks,,think the Fury comes stock at about 950lbs,,with all the chrome I added maybe its near 1100,,maybe,,should have it weighed just for kicks

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
lol no thanks,,think the Fury comes stock at about 950lbs,,with all the chrome I added maybe its near 1100,,maybe,,should have it weighed just for kicks
Guess your weight scales are different in NC too... 663 lbs stock with full liquids... :p

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i looked at the black label on my bike yesterday, maybe I read it upside down,,lmao,,ill look again tommorrow, crap im going out there right now,,lmao

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess your weight scales are different in NC too... 663 lbs stock with full liquids... :p
ah dummy here didnt read the whole label,,it was for the combined GVWR ,,max was 988lbs for the bike,,didnt give a weight for like you said ,,thanks for setting me straight RSS:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts