Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a first gear liner and gloves for a trip from D.C down to South Carolina in December. It's the 90 watt version and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience running this type of gear on the Fury. Also running the fi2000, but I dought that draws much power. Any thoughts if the electrical system is up for the load??

Thanks,

james

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
The electrical system will be able to handle the load. You will just have to wire in a power source for them with a big enough fuse to handle the load.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chopped. I ordered all "warm and safe" gear, which I understand to be one of the better brands. I think it has a fuse built in. (are you saying add an additional fuse) I just wasn't sure that tiny little battery could handle the load. They make a 65w version for smaller bikes, but I wanted the extra heat! Thanks again

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
It depends on how they get power. Does it require a cigaret type power outlet, or do they come with all of the wiring necessary? If you need to install a power outlet, just make sure you put a conservative fuse size on the power lead.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it comes with leads that attach to the battery...no cigarette attachments etc... I just wanted to make sure the electrical system would handle the load which it sounds like it will. Thanks again!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Power Outlet

Just ordered a first gear liner and gloves for a trip from D.C down to South Carolina in December. It's the 90 watt version and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience running this type of gear on the Fury. Also running the fi2000, but I dought that draws much power. Any thoughts if the electrical system is up for the load??

Thanks,

james
I need electric gear where I ride. Found a little extra room in front of the battery for a bosch outlet and switch. Good for plugging in the electric jacket or for connecting the battery tender in winter. Need a good step drill for drilling the holes for mounting and need to make sure you pick the location where the plug can be attached without hitting the back cylinder and the plug doesn't hit anything in the batter compartment.

Regards Spud

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestion Spud. I've actually got it all hooked up now and it's working great. I ordered the dual remote heat troller from warm and safe, and after you hook the battery leads up, it's only one wire that protrudes from the bike, and it easily tucks away when not it use. Now I can control my liner and gloves via a remote unit that put a magnet on and can stick it to the bike or just put it in my pocket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts