Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I talked with the owner of Gateway Extreme about this. I was thinking of going with spokes on the front and back. What he told me was that the Fury wheels is one they have never done. He also said that he thought they may be able to use a VTX rear wheel for doing this, but then there would be the problem with the difference in the bearings. He wasn't excited about doing this job at all. The cost for drilling the wheels and adding spokes to them would put you in the range of chrome wheels, possibly more. He also felt that a Harley front wheel could work. The major problem was the rear wheel. So, I'm going the exchange route with Classic Components. You can give them a call(Gateway Extreme) and maybe he can fix you up with just a front wheel. I did not ask for a cost on just a front wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
OK, I have done a little looking and found this. The 2007 VTX1300S had wire wheels with the same axel size and drive shaft.

If you order the hub from the Honda dealer you should be able to match 18 x 5.5 and 21 x 2.5 rims and have the local shop lace and true them for you.

SEE MY UPDATE BELOW
you dont have to do the front.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Seriously? I am all over this rather than chrome billet wheels if that's the case.

Front and back will both work?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
IIRC, Gateway Extreme has these 1300S wheels in stock. Give em a call.

Gateway Xtreme
Ha, I was talking to him about 5 months ago about the wheel widening, glad he finally got it posted on his website... I might take advantage of this now :D :cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I would love to see a fury with wire wheels on it and I think it would look really cool. I wouldn't want to go this route and any one who has owned a bike with wire wheels knows exactly what I'm talking about. Although its a great look they are one royal pain in the ass when it comes to cleaning them. I really thought I died and went to heaven the first time I cleaned the fury wheels after having the spokes.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Wire wheels suck...

Have you ever tried to keep them clean...
what a pain in the arse...:p

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
YES, spoke wheels are a pain to keep clean. but if anyone is concerned about doing cleaning the should not have bought a bike that is half chrome.
As for the spoke wheels it's an old school thing, like springer front ends and bobbers.

I wont be doing it to mine, but I understand.

·
Registered
140 Posts
its probably a long shot... but just curious if anyone has any new news on spoke rear wheels for the fury? or if anyone has done this since this post?

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
pluggin on the road is bad enough,if you have to take the wheel off and dimount the tire to patch you are in a heep of trouble.

·
Registered
182 Posts
if you go with spoked rims, you can get custom hoops made up and send your hubs and they will lace and true them in any spoke setup you want. im sure VTX 1300 hubs will work. also you can have the hoops sealed and run tubeless tires. just like the stock tires. plus spoked rims do take more time to clean.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts