Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
LOL we just got in a big debate about how wire wheels have vanished as far as car customizing here last week :) Now you drum them up for bikes hehe

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Not my choice personally (for the Fury that is) but sooner or later someone is going to put a springer on the front end and a hardtail extended from the frame rails. There is only one kind of wheel that works if that person is going for the classic or vintage look.
Not my choice either Gar but it is a nice to see the option for others would like to see them on the fury and I would like to see just what they would look like on the fury. Different strokes for different folks. I use to love the look of the spokes until I owned a set and now when I see them I quickly remember how much of pain in the ass it was to keep them suckers clean. There's nothing like this stock fury wheels once you get them chromed up. A quick wipe down with little ease and your off an running.

·
Registered
98 Posts
wire wheels

i like the idea of lots of spokes the more the better,i can't wait !!!!it will definatly change the look.i'm also istalling fish fins (slip-ons)new school meet old school.:)

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Not my choice either Gar but it is a nice to see the option for others would like to see them on the fury and I would like to see just what they would look like on the fury. Different strokes for different folks. I use to love the look of the spokes until I owned a set and now when I see them I quickly remember how much of pain in the ass it was to keep them suckers clean. There's nothing like this stock fury wheels once you get them chromed up. A quick wipe down with little ease and your off an running.
Boy, did you say that right Dave!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
They are presently doing a "feasibility" study with the expectation that they will go into production this summer or fall with product they feel is marketable. They "simply" have to design only the hub but it is still a sizable investment none the less. The Fury could have a shot on the coat tails of the VTX :rolleyes:.
Gar, How the Hell do you know this? I live in here and didn't!

My knee bends and my head bows.:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I picked up the phone, called Dayton Wire Wheels, was transferred to a subsidiary, American Wire Wheels, and that's what the dude said. Not only that, I did it all on a land line :rolleyes:. I just figured that if somebody wanted wire wheels, who better to call than the company that's been around longer than I have and putting wire wheels on anything that rolls ! With topics like this you don't always get the info you need with eMail and it takes too long anyway.

American Wire Wheels got a lot of bad press a while back. Since then, they have been bought out by Dayton Wire Wheels (cars) and have had no problems. If I was looking for wire wheels, I wouldn't hesitate to work with them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've seen these in person...

Ride Wright Wheels: Fat 50

...and they are the shiz!

I thought a pair in black with chrome accents would look killer on the matte silver bike, and be different. Alas, these guys only do HD :(

Might have to check out those American 40's if they come to be.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
i love wire wheelws,but on the fury i like the chrome.someone else said it like it is ,hose and go.ride safe.
i think those wheels would look good on my vtx.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like 'em....although I would love to see them on a Fury before I made the purchase. Maybe they can put a set on a Fury and show it off.....kind of like L & M does with their products.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts