Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an accutronix side mount plate with brake light and have a few questions. The plate didnt come with enough wire to run up to the harness. What gauge wire should I use? 20awg? The plate mount has 3 wires blue red black. What is what? Brake, running light/plate white led, ground? Lastely, I see the three connectors for the signals, license plate light, and the main harness going into the brake light assembly. The brake light harness has three various color/striped wires. Which is which? Suggestions to tie into it?

Checked around site and have these questions remaining. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I purchased an accutronix side mount plate with brake light and have a few questions. The plate didnt come with enough wire to run up to the harness. What gauge wire should I use? 20awg? The plate mount has 3 wires blue red black. What is what? Brake, running light/plate white led, ground? Lastely, I see the three connectors for the signals, license plate light, and the main harness going into the brake light assembly. The brake light harness has three various color/striped wires. Which is which? Suggestions to tie into it?

Checked around site and have these questions remaining. Thanks
20 awg is fine. I used heat shrink tubing to insulate the wires in the groove of the license plate

License plate
Black = Ground
Blue = Brake light
Red = License / run light
(It's been a couple of weeks since I wired mine, I'm pretty sure the Blue wire is brake. If not, swap Blue with the Red)

Harness
White connector - brown wire = license light
White connector - Green = Ground
3-Plug connector = Green/Yellow tracers = Brake

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fo the info, it was a big help. All wired up and installed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts